I digress.
Last Saturday, we walked to Grandma's. 2.25 miles. We started at 6:45am and ended up there at 8:45am. It took TWO hours. In the summer. In AZ! But it was really fun surprisingly enough. We stopped by the fire station to look at the fire trucks. Then we stopped to refill our water at the water hole (it feels like a water hole. It's only wet. SUPER hot.) Oh, did I mention the bum who was sleeping on the bench where I refilled the water? Ya. Nice.
We had a little lesson on good people and bad people and strange people.... Then someone ran by and Savannah yells, "Mommy is that a BAD person?" My reply, "He is a stranger. We don't know if he is a good or a bad person."
We ran through the sprinklers. Well Mikenna and I did. We dragged Savannah who was none too excited about being soaked with water. But when we are walking to Grandma's and it is in the dead of summer, I don't really care what you want :). So run through and get wet we did.
We stopped at the church to refill our water bottle (we dumped it all over ourselves... Ok I dumped it all over the girls), pottied, had a banana given to us by some folks who were eating breakfast, and off we were on our last leg of our trip. Just 0.5 miles to go!
We finally made it to Grandma's, had breakfast, and hitched a ride back home. It only took 5 minutes. :)
Then we went to the mall, got some summer clothes, shoes.... which by the way in the shoe store Isabella went CRAZY!!!! She tried on all the shoes, big or small, ugly and cute. She was Hilarious!!!!! I was just cracking up over her. And the clothing store? Wow she went crazy snuggling and carrying all the clothes in the store. It was a great time when WE LEFT!!!
The girls went and got their nails done with Grandma and went to Costco for lunch. It was about 5:30 when they got home. And I heard this..... "Mommy what are we going to do now? Can I have a friend over? I want to go swimming! I want this. I want that."
SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!?!?!?!
AM I the ONLY one with this problem? Owell. I said NOPE. We are going to BED. And dinner, bath, and bed we did.
And then I crashed. In my bed. Too.
4 comments:
You forgot to add that you started the day with a bike ride . . .
That's enough to make anyone crash.
What a day!! I loved that Savannah called us to talk while she was driving to go shopping she was super excited. I love how excitd she was that Tay was getting baptized!! Can't wait to see you this week!! Love u...
What a day!! I loved that Savannah called us to talk while she was driving to go shopping she was super excited. I love how excitd she was that Tay was getting baptized!! Can't wait to see you this week!! Love u...
Brittany -
I have been meaning to leave this comment for a while now... the last day I worked at Maricopa I used one of your Daxton boxes and it was beautiful. He is a beautiful boy and what a great way to honor him! Your family is darling and you are such a fun mommy! Keep in touch!
sjalexander20@gmail.com
Jen Alexander
Post a Comment