Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Has it Really been 2 years?

It has been said, "Time Heals all wounds." I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone."
Rose Kennedy

Tempest approaches at furious pace.
Turbulent winds lead The Timorous race,
bringing Terrifying Truths I must now face.
For This Trial is mine, alone, To embrace.

With Temerity I never knew I had gained,
I Tread The Terrain Transformed by storm's reign.
Trampling upon The Terror sorely disdained
Only To learn That These efforts were in vain.

Memories, un-Tethered, now Tattered and Torn,
Trembling I remove Their Tortuous Thorn,
Whose Toxins slain The child I now mourn.
The pain is The Tonic for The wounds I have born.


Dear Daxton,
Mommy misses you. I can't hardly believe that it has been two years since I held your little hand, kissed your little cheeks, or held you in my arms.

Sometimes it all seems like a bad dream. And sometimes it feels like you were never here. Only the memories live on. I know you were here though. A mother's heart will never forget. My heart will never forget. We are 2 years closer to that sweet day when we will never be separated again.

I may not be physically able to see you, but I can feel you near. I love you. And I can't wait to once again, hold your little hand, kiss your little feet, and NEVER EVER let you go again.

Love, Mommy.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hugs to you and your sweet family. Thinking of you.

H said...

Only just discovered Daxton's story. My heart goes out to you.