Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Would have been...

The other day I was over at a dear friend's and we were talking about out kids and their age differences. I went through mine. Savannah and Mikenna are 22 months apart. Mikenna and Daxton are 40 months apart. And Isabella and Daxton would have been 19 months apart.

***If you are new to my blog.... his story is HERE. If you want more, you will just have to go back one post.

My friend then turned to me and said, "You don't have to say 'would have been', they ARE 19 months apart."

I don't know if she knew how much that stuck with me. I appreciated her comment and her intuneness (is that a word?). It let's me know that she still cares. That she still worries. And most importantly that she hasn't forgotten.

That my friend's is why she is such a good friend. And I love her for it. Everyone needs an Annie. I hope that you have one too!

Jenny Matlock

15 comments:

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

I was thinking of you on the 9th. That was my daughters birthday, and I always remember your family. June is a very special month for us.

Anyhow, I agree with what your friend says, however, I do catch myself saying the same thing. I can't believe I would have a two year old.

Matthew and Courtney said...

I get to have her as a sister and a friend! You are surrounded by so many people who love and adore you and all your chitlins'!!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

The loss of a child is devastating, I know from personal experience. My biggest hurdle is when people ask me how many children I have. I have to include my son who passed away in the number and then hope they don't ask me anything further. It's just too hard to talk about.

Hugs to you sweetie, take all the friendship and support that's offered to you....

xxoo

RMW

jen said...

And who needs a friend that strands you on the canal at 5 am? Sorry about that one.
Someday, and today, still 19 months apart.

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

I love that Annie too!!!!

Annie and the Boys... said...

everyone needs a Brittany even more! i love you sister-friend!

GardenOfDaisies said...

I am just going to send you a hug. I don't have words.

Kami Milliron said...

I do have some of those friends and family members and I feel so blessed. It's amazing what hearing someone else say about your precious angel can do. Sadly, I also have a few family members and friends who have forgotten about ( or are forgetting ) my sweet angel. They don't count her when they count my children. It makes me sad, but I am trying to remind myself on a daily basis that I can't expect everyone to always remember her. That's mine and my husbands job. But it still hurts.

Viki said...

I'm so sorry that you had such a great loss. It's good to have friends that know your heart.

Betty said...

You're so fortunate to have such a special friend. I'm sorry for your loss, but enjoyed reading all your special memories. Adorable pictures too.

Cheryl D. said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

Jenny said...

What a tender stop on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday's Letter "W".

I am so glad you have an "Annie" to help with your loss. I cannot imagine dealing with loss of this magnitude.

I admire your ability to look forward and to love without restraint. Sometimes I think our desire to protect our hearts from feeling horrible pain comes at too great of a cost.

What a neat person you are!

Thank you for sharing this with us.

You are wonderful!

A+

Christy said...

What a wonderful and amazing woman you are. I went and read about your baby - ((((hugs)))You are blessed to have a friend like Anna. I love it when others remember my child in heaven - they will always be part of our family.

Jo said...

oh your friends comment was brilliant ... and so true ... and from a place of love and caring ... we all need friends like her

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you that you have a friend who gets "it".......you deserve it.....