OK seriously. I know my girls are cute.
Kisserbella: She has a magnetic personality. Seriously. We can't go ANYWHERE without someone stopping to say hi to her, touch her, flirt with her. Seriously. We are frequent visitors of Costco and we always see the same manage and she is always making googley eyes at him. Women respond to her in the same way. She has the best smile that just takes over her entire being. She just has a glow. It is like she is telling you a story through her blue eyes and infectious smile. She can say a thousand words without saying a thing. I think she knows more than I. I truly believe that she can see Daxton, that they carry on conversations, and that my friends, is why she is so enchanting and irresistible
Bikenna: Well who wouldn't follow her around. She is my big helper. She unloaded all the groceries and "payed" them at the grocery store. ALL OF THEM. Seriously. I know. Long gone is the little girl. She is my big Kenna. I can't believe it. She is the mother of us all. She keeps order to our home.
Sawannah: Must say "hi" to EVERYONE. I mean everyone. She knows their name, first and last by the way, what they are doing, how many kids they have, if they have a dog, and where they are going. All this within minutes. She is friendly, nosy, and loves to meet new people.
So we go to the grocery store with all the personalities balled into one cart. Kisserbella in the front (of course), Mikenna driving the car (you know the obnoxious carts with the cars that take up most of the isle, turn all over, have no control, and the kids fight over who is going to sit where? Yes that is the one), and Savannah holding onto the cart (with the threat that if she lets go she is going straight into the cart.
Savannah was filling up the car with gas, loading it with groceries, and just plain being the runner girl for Mikenna (sound familiar?), Mikenna ordering Savannah around to get her groceries, put gas in her car, taking her order, etc. All the while Iserbella is in the cart making googley eyes at EVERYONE!!! I am not kidding. And then there is me. From the outside looking in: 1 mom, 3 girls. Going crazy shopping. Some might think it was chaotic, but the girls were having a ball. They like nothing more than to "pay." (play store with scanner and all, which by the way we have two of).
No one is more excited to go to the store and "pay" than my two girls and no one was more excited when they came out with the self checkout than them either. It is like a dream! We went up and down the isle, me loading up my cart, and Savannah filling up the space in the car where Mikenna was sitting with MY groceries. Hilarious.
Then we get to the checkout stand where I meet a long time family friend whom I haven't seen for years. He thinketh I have time to talk... all the while Mikenna has talked me into using the self checkout (I only concede because the regular checkstands have at least 10 customers in line with 2 full carts each and lets face it, I just don't have that much patience) Savannah has talked the sales lady into emptying our groceries into her hands, which she then places on the "moving thing" so Mikenna can scan "pay" the groceries, Iserbella is making googley eyes and I am just praying that I don't end up buying everything twice. Maybe it was because I had 2 hours of sleep after working all night, but I just didn't even care!!!! And if you know me, being uptight is not an uncommon occasion.
So we finally finish our little assemble line, the friend eventually lets me get back to my "checkers," and we are ready to pay. Savannah wants money to come out (change: but seriously when was the last time you paid cash and got change back) and Mikenna has called dibs on the grocery receipt (I have to tell Savannah that the coupons that printed out are also the receipt.... but alas, she is too smart, luckily she is side tracked easily :)) and I have to show my license to the real checker lady.
She drops it into a hole. A deep dark hole at that. SERIOUSLY!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!! HAS SHE NOT WATCHED ME THE LAST 30 minutes????? ER!!!!! FOR REALS!!!!!!!! I can't even believe it. Luckily, as aforementioned I have only had 2 hours of sleep and could really care less (except that my spending habits will be haulted much to my dismay, but not my husbands :)) SO I do my best, remain patient and eventually pry my credit card from the deep dark hole.
And so ends the trip to the store.
The only problem is the comment 3 times no less "oh cute... you have 3 girls" the last one added "and no boys." OUCH. I know I have 3 cute girls, but it doesn't make up for one boy I don't have..... Today I missed him. A.L.O.T.
4 comments:
I would have said, "I do have a boy, he just not here right now!". And I would probably find any chance to tell people that. But what do I know...
Wow, I got tired just reading that! Sounds like my shopping trips with my kids. Gotta love those wretched car carts! The kids sure love them though. We need to design a cart that has an enclosed cage in it! ;)
Sorry bout all the comments from oblivious shoppers. I think of you and Daxton every day and it helps me be a better person. I am sure he misses you a lot, too.
I bet those comments just stop your heart for a minute. I can't imagine how hard that would be. Your girls are beautiful!
I smile every time I read "Kisserbella"...lol, its just so cute! Our new nickname for Olivia is Livvy Loo. We like nicknames, too. :)
Post a Comment