Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Monday, August 31, 2009

Blog to a book

I am officially starting my blog-to-a-book phase. I downloaded blurb some time ago to complete my mother's 50th birthday present and have been dragging my feet ever since..... I know. SURPRISE! My goal was to do it after I had had my blog for a year, but since I am 5 months behind that deadline, I will have to find a new one.

I am not truly sure I want to embark on this endeavor. Who would ever want to read it anyway? Maybe my kids. Maybe someone who has felt some loss, either similar or not, to mine. I don't know. But I need it. I need it for my personal history. To know that I have come so far in this journey of losing a child. Of having another one brought into my home. Of life after loss.

However, it will be emotional. I was perusing through the titles of blogs past and all sorts of emotions have been poured out of my heart and soul. I don't know if I can do this. I don't know if I can go back. I don't know if I can add what I didn't say. But I will. If anything, I can do it for that sweet little boy who melted my heart for the short time he was here on this earth. I love him. I miss him. I hope that reliving the last year will make me stronger... and not fall apart. Although I am sure that will happen too. Wish me luck!!! I will let you know how it goes.

And so begins another 'project.'

3 comments:

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

Britt,
I have printed out mine and my mom's blog. My kids love looking at ours. I used www.blog2print.com for ours and it was done quickly. You can't really edit that one but I just wanted it done before I had the baby. I used blurb for my moms and it was good because you can modify the picture layout but the program had a few bugs. Good luck and I think it is important for you to have this as a memory for you and your family. Love ya,
Christy

Sarah said...

Even if no one reads it but you, that is enough. Think of all those you have touched through this, like me, who have changed for the better BECAUSE of your feelings and raw emotion. Good luck with your project.

Dran said...

I am so glad you're going to make a book out of your blog. I have been going to ask you if you have ever thought about writing a book. What you have to say, the things you have been through, and what you have learned, people need to and will read. You have and will touch many many lives.