Ever have those days? Where you are just G.R.U.M.P.Y.? I know. You don't. Everyday is beautiful, kids are wonderful, life is carefree. Right? I know.
Well I have had some SERIOUSLY grumpy days!!!! It can't best be described with Ella-fa-mumps who had the grumps! Have you read it? If not, you should. Because as she puts it, it is NO fun to be down in the dumps having the grumps. But the truth it. Well I have a REALLY bad case of the grumps.
I am not even sure what to attribute it to. Except... nothing. I have a great family. Great friends. And yet, I couldn't pull myself out of it for about a week. I was rude, unkind, intolerable (i know. hard to believe) (am I really airing out all the dirty laundry? yep!). But I am real. I am honest.
Life isn't always SUPER fun. It isn't always easy. It isn't always carefree either. I think lately I have been grumpy because that is the emotion I feel when I miss my baby Daxton. I have been extremely busy the last few weeks (you would think with two less kids at home it would slow down..... NOPE) and haven't had time to "myself" if you will. I know. Selfish. But what can I say. It's the truth.
I have been going to bed EARLY. Ya. EARLY. Some might say 9 or 10 is early. No people. I am talking 7. 8. Then sleeping in to like 8. 9. PROBLEM!!!!! As I was lazily crawling out of bed NOT so much ready to face another day, I had the distinct thought, "you know, you aren't going to feel any better acting this way." Ok those weren't the exact words, but it is the best I can do.
You would have thought that would be kick in the butt enough for me, but nope, not really. Took a few days to sink in. Needless to say, I am out of the "grumps" for now. So hopefully while I was in my SERIOUS case of the grumps I didn't hurt yer feel bads tooooooooooo bad. :(.
5 comments:
Britters....it's cool to be grumpy! I think of all people you are entitled to it! SO...grump away! Do you need me to drink a diet coke for you??? Don't tempt me cause I'll do it, regardless of the fact that it makes my little monkey mad (nursing)! :) Loves to you!
Did you send the grumps to me, because I sure feel like I got them. Bouncing back now though, thank goodness!
I think you definitely are entitled to being grumpy. We teach our kids that they need to express themselves but why does it stop for us? When do we start hiding our emotions? It doesn't help anyone.
So grump away!
I just like to think I PMS all month long. That's my excuse.
I'm sorry things weren't so happy, but everyone has grumpy days and that's okay. Yesterday was my day and sometimes unfortunately for those around me it may last longer. But ppl still loves us, we're only human right?
Post a Comment