Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Car

I love my car. Well it isn't exactly a "car" per se. It is an SUV. It is a GMC YUKON. And I LOVE IT. There are many things I like about it. Like the folding up seats to make room in the back. The fact that when I open the door to put the kids in the car seat it is eye level and I don't have to bend over to put the seats in and out. I love the loud speakers, the big tires (they aren't anything special), that I sit up high, that if I were to get in a wreck, likely I would come out better than the other guy.... (case in point, when I backed into my little car.... not a scratch on the big car, but I left a really good mark on the little one)

I didn't notice how many people drove a GMC YUKON. I see my car everywhere. On the freeway, on the main road, at the grocery store, in the parking lots, some even in my neighborhood. It is crazy. Now there are many makes, models, colors, upgrades, leather or not, dvd or gps, and different people that drive them, families, single people, etc... but the fact of the matter is that they are still a GMC YUKON.

Crazy how that when you are driving the same car as the person next to you, you didn't even realize that they were driving the same car when you were not.... I don't know if that makes sense, but you don't realize others are driving a certain car until you are driving that same car? Are you totally confused? Because I think I am talking in circles, which I probably am :)

Well I drive a different car.... you know the one where the mother loses her baby? Yep. That is the one. It is amazing actually how many people are actually driving this same car. Lets call it "loss" or "grief."

Did you know that I am part of an "angel mom" blog? Last year we started it around mid June. It started with 3 members. We are now up to 95. 95 people. I can't even believe it. And that number my friends is only those we know about or who have asked to be a part. Doesn't that make your heart sick? At least 95 people this year or in the last 5 years lets say have lost a child about the age of 5 or below. It makes MY heart sick. Literally.

I don't even know what to say... except there is another angel in heaven today. Another little brave warrior called to serve a mission away from this earth. It makes my heart sick. It makes my heart hurt. Literally. Please say a prayer for this sweet family who has fought a good fight and won a brave battle.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I Pray every day for all of us. LOVE YOU.

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

I like your analogy. I was just reading about your girls playing grocery. Very imaginative, and realistic at the same time. They must have a lot of fun together.