SO I have a few things to catch up on... and then if I can I will post some pics to narrate what we have been up to the last few weeks.
Mikenna has unofficially moved into Daxton's old room. It is blue with white stripes. I will likely keep it that way.
One night she out of the blue said, "Daddy I want to sleep in the green room (it used to have a green bed and they called it the green room)." And as an after thought she said, "Then I will be closer to the bathroom so I can go in the middle of the night." (Another on going thing. I am not sure what to do about her not being able to wake herself up in the middle of the night to pee, but hey if I had some adult diapers I suppose I wouldn't get out of bed to pee either).
So began her sleeping in the green room. I think she wants to sleep in there because 1.It is the coldest room in the house in the summer 2. Savannah is on the other side of the gate and will therefore NOT bother her in the wee hours of the morning (we have gates to keep Savannah corralled to a very limited space, but before you call CPS, we are on the same side as she is and it is mainly for her safety) 3. The bed is SUPER comfy and last but not least 4. I do think she misses her brother and the best way she can be closer to him is to sleep in his bed. And so she does.
PACKING
I finally did it. I went through all the girls pants and long sleeves and put them in a bucket. But that isn't where it ended. I put all of Daxton's clothes in a bin. I just threw them all in. I didn't think about it. I was on auto mode.
It would have hurt to much to individually touch and carefully fold each and every shirt that he wore. It would have hurt to much to fold each blanket that he snuggled and slobbered on. It would have hurt to much to fold the tiny little socks that kept his little toesies warm. Or to fold my favorite brown sweater he wore or the white collared onesie he wore for the pictures we got just before he died.
No. I just tossed them carelessly into the bucket so that my heart wouldn't break into a million pieces all over again. And then I put it in the closet. And now, well I look at it and think one day. One day I will have to fold them. One day I will have to take them out and individually fold them and lay them carefully to rest. But not today. Today they sit in a bin, in the closet, waiting until one day when I have the strength to really go through them.
You might wonder why I even emptied the dresser at all. Well I am in transition. We are busting at the seams in our little house and I need to make room for Mikenna and Isabella to share a room. I am just about ready to have Isabella in a different room than me so that I can get some sleep and I am certainly not going to put her in a room by herself. So here is me. Getting ready to do some changing. Change is good. We just don't always like it. :)
7 comments:
I love you and your posts. I'm sorry you are going through this and will likely go through a little bit of "this" for the rest of your life. Thank you for sharing your tender thoughts and fragile feelings with so many. It means a lot to me.
Hang in there.
These next few weeks will undoubtedly be difficult.
I'll be thinking of you. And if things ever get too rough, run and run and run. All that sweat and burned energy might help release some of the pain.
Change is hard, add in loss and it is even harder. (HUGS)
You mentioned that your daughter has issues with her bladder at night. Well our son who is mildly delayed has had the same problem. He either doesnt wake up in the night to go at all (which requires pull ups at night), or he is up making a ton of noise at 3am. After talking to his Doctor he was put on a noise spray medication that has worked wonders. He's been on it for 4 months now and he wakes up dry in the morning. The medication helps strengthen the bladder over time and eventually they can go without the meds. Anyways I just thought you might want the name of the medication so you can look into it. By the way, our regular insurance wouldnt pay for it so I applied to have DDD pay for it and they did!!!!
Its called "Demopressin".
Hope it helps
Jenny
Britt,
Whenever you want to go through those boy clothes, I will go through them with you.
I am a pro at organizing boy clothes, it seems like I have mountains of them everywhere (oh, wait, I do).
Of course my heart still aches for you when I read your posts, but I feel hope for you and your girls in the future.
I think about you and your family, and your sweet baby Daxton every day.
I love you.
bless your heart, you just take your time. my sons bat bag layed in is room four almost 4 years I just very went through it. I was ready, there were so many mememories and tears. his blog is http://justinhuggins.blogspot.com/. good luck
Post a Comment