
I have so many thoughts running through my head right now, I can't even begin to start. We had a very fun weekend in Heber. Doug was supposed to go up to camp with the youth in our stake on their "trek." A "trek" is when the youth age 16 go up to the mountains and experience what it might have been like to be a pioneer crossing the plains.

The funny thing is is that the pioneers are probably looking down on them wishing they could just say, "are you all crazy? You have very nice cozy beds and you are choosing to sleep on these hard grounds, pull a cart, and carry sandbags that are supposed to be children?" Yes, I am sure they think that they are crazy, but Doug really likes to go and says that is a great experience. Truth be told, I am glad that he was unable to go. We planned a fun weekend spur of the moment to go to Heber.

On the way up, we stopped at the Fishery Hatch, as I kept calling it, but better known as the Fish Hatchery. It was pretty cool seeing all the fish swimming in such a small space. We fed them bread and they ate it up so quickly all I could think about was one of my children falling in and being eaten by a fish. It was horrible. But the girls got a real kick out of it and nobody fell in. Thank goodness.

We then proceeded to Heber and had a fun time at the cabin. The highlight though was Annie's sugar cookies. Sometimes late at night, or in the middle of the afternoon, if there is a bad moment, day, or whatever, I will text Annie to have a coke or eat a cookie or ice cream with me and she is ALWAYS so willing to go the extra mile and do that for me. Well lucky as I was, when we went to visit her, she made me a plate all to myself. Bless you dear woman!!!!! I had like 10. SHHHHHH, don't tell :).

On our way to Annie's we stopped off at the Snowflake temple and we took some gorgeous pics with the kids they really turned out nice. Oh and we can't really forget the cabin store. We all usually walk out with a loot. It wasn't my favorite trip because I HAD TO PAY. Usually that is grandma's job. ****side note. The other day Mikenna asked me how to spell "grandma." That wouldnt' be a problem except that she had already in her head how she wanted to spell it and then I told her the "wrong" way and she had a total and complete meltdown!!! Apparently you don't spell "grandma" "grandma" It is spelled "gramo." DUH!!!!!

On our way down the mountain we were able to stop at the Natural Bridge. It was great. Seriously raining down on our heads. Just imagine me carrying Isabella in my FABULOUS Moby Wrap, Doug holding Savannah with both hands sliding in the dirt on the way down, and Derek and Lollie had Mikenna by each hand. Oh and we were SOAKING wet and were getting struck by small pellets coming out of the sky, I guess they call that hail? It was quite a site. About a half mile hike in and a half mile hike out and Savannah thought it was SO much fun. Which seriously is unheard of! She said, "Daddy, I like hiking." Pretty cute. Maybe she knew we were going to have a snack. Yes. That is it, but she was a trooper.

I will post pictures of our Fabulously stylish version of "wet dog." I just wish that there would have been one more little "wet dog" with us. I am sure he wasn't very far away, but it would have been nice to have a muddly little boy running around all us prissy little girls. Mikenna before we went to bed one night said, "Daxton is with us mom, we just can't see him. He can see us do everything, just like Heavenly Father and Jesus can." He sure can my love. He sure can.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Daxton!
Happy Birthday Daxton, I hope your not wearing out everyone up there with all that boy energy. Save some for your mom!!!
What a very sweet post this was. So glad your family had a nice weekend away.
Mikenna is a wise little girl.
What a wonderful post! It shows you guys had a great weekend getaway.
Post a Comment