We spent the weekend up at the cabin in the mountains. It was nice to get away from this awfully horrible melting heat. Ok it isn't that bad yet, but if it is hot right now... the summer is going to be dreadful!
I love to go to the cabin. There is a good feeling when I go there. Sometimes it is more work than it is worth, but it is nice to 'get away.' The girls favorite part is going to the cabin store. Of course that requires Grandma because it certainly isn't as fun if I take them.
Grandma spoils them rotten. Grandpa calls it the $70 dollar store and it really is.... ESPECIALLY when grandma takes the girls. I am not going to lie.... I like the cabin store. Grandma has purchased a few items there for me. In fact, the last time we went I think grandma was pinching her pennies because my sister and I weren't invited :).
Another favorite past time is the 'cabin' church. Savannah likes it because it is "quick." Sometimes we have to skip out early and so she thinks it is quicker than our church. Very funny.
I often find myself wandering around the 'halls' at the cabin longing for baby Daxton. We have a few pictures of him on the walls. One with the family, one with grandpa, and one just all by himself that sits in the kitchen. I stare longingly at it, touching the cold frame, wishing it was his warm rosy cheeks. But it is not. I squeeze Isabella a little tighter and kiss my Savannah and Mikenna's little cheeks.
It was fun. Glad we went. If I had taken pics I would post them, but just imagine 2 of the happiest girls playing in a loot of toys from Grandma. THANKS MOM!!!!
3 comments:
I'm glad you had fun at the cabin. That's what Grandma's are for.....to spoil their grandkids!!!
I having been wanting to go to Ethan's grandparents cabin. There is something so comforting about cabins and just getting to realx. Actually the last time we were at the cabin was just 2 weeks before Kamber died, but I still have a longing to go.
I am glad that you got to get away!
I'm glad that you were able to go and have fun at the cabin. It's nice to have a special place.
Post a Comment