Today I went to the ribbons and lace store to get some... well, ribbons and lace. I am taking a bow making class with my aunt who has twins and it is going to be super fun. It was fun picking out the different combinations. I had 3 dresses. I handed them to each of my aunts (who are in town this weekend) and asked them to match them up with some ribbon. I walked out with some very cute combos.
Isabella looks VERY super cute with a bow. I like her to wear bows. I haven't ever been the girlie girl mommy so this is new for me. With Savannah and Mikenna I was happy to have them wear clothes no matter the color, print, or if it matched or not and certainly I didn't care if there was a bow and a bracelet.... let alone one that matched.
Not so sure why I like it now when I didn't care about it then. Maybe because it is trendy? But seriously all you have to do is take one look at me and you know that is NOT the case. Maybe because of the two twins? Ya. No. Maybe because I have SOOOO much time on my hands? Well that was the case BEFORE Isabella was born. Not so much anymore. Maybe because we have sooo much extra money? HA!
Actually I think the real reason is because of Daxton. Yes. Believe it or not. As Isabella gets older she reminds me of him. Not necessarily because she looks like him, because she doesn't. But it is the stages that she is going through. The older she gets the more it disturbs me when she sleeps because she looks like Daxton sleeping in his casket. I cut her hair to short.... too much like a boys (for that I am sorry). And when I put a bow in her hair, well she looks like a girl. She no longer reminds me of Daxton when she has a bow. I didn't put bows in his hair. (thank goodness, doug says).
So that is why she wears bows and bracelets. To look like a girlie girl so my mind doesn't have to be confused that this is Isabella and not Daxton.
3 comments:
My little one that passed away was not quite three months but even though my latest is older than he ever got I STILL get that creepy (not a good word I know but I can't think of a better description) feeling when she is sleeping and seems pale. Just brings back lots of memories and it just wigs me out. Just another thing we have to deal with. :(
My favorite thing to see is how you've updated the pictures on your blog. You're living in the present without forgetting the past. You're doing better than you think!
Bows can be very fun. I love the nick names you have created for your kids.
Post a Comment