Wow. Seriously. It is a day like today that makes me want to crawl into a hole and not come out for a few days!!!
This morning I went to the cannery to get some food storage. (As members of the church we are asked to have a year worth of food storage in case of extenuating circumstances that might require a prolonged trip to the store.... so we have a cannery locally where we can purchase dried goods and do some wet pack as well. This is what I was doing today)
Anyway, while at the cannery, I cut my finger on one of the cans and had to run out and clean up and bandage myself up. It really hurt. It is like a REALLY deep paper cut and the superficial ones hurt so you can imagine the pain I might be suffering :). Then off to the bakery to pick up some bread for the funeral and to pick up Isabella and Mikenna, take the bread to the church so they could make sandwiches.
Then off to Aunt Drana's to drop off some of the food storage because heaven only knows I seriously have NOOOO room in my house. It is sufficient, but I am being invaded by my own stuff. We said hi to the two twins and raced off to the grocery store where we picked up flowers for Mikenna's teachers. She has been talking for weeks about getting her some flowers so she chose them special (after some coaxing on the "prettiest." More like the cheapest :)).
Landing at home with just enough time to run through her reading paper 5 times, eat lunch, make two homeade cards, put gifts of bread in the bags, feed Isabella, and well lets face it, that should be enough right? All that in less than 30 minutes.
On my way out of the garage I smacked right into our little Honda Civic with our HUGE Yukon. SERIOUSLY!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! Am I really that dunce? Am I really that brainless that I walked around the back of the car, saw the civic and like a complete and total idiot I proceeded to back into my car. You know the crunch sound? Ok. Maybe you don't. It sounds like eating Raisin Bran Crunch, which by the way I quite enjoy :). But seriously? EERRR!!! I will post the damage when I am not quite so upset with myself. EEERRR!!!! I hit the panel and it was forced just far enough back that the passenger side door won't open. SERIOUSLY!!! Ah nuts, or something like that.
I said a few words, walked out to see the damage, got back in the car and took Mikenna to school. Then I ran to Savannah's school to give her teacher's their gifts and inherited a beta fish (that will be dead within the week) named Woody, from their classroom. I am going to try really hard to get it to live through the summer and then give it back. :) ya. right. whatever.
It was my dad's bday today and my bros graduation. Will post about graduation later :). SO I had to race to the store, get two cards, and two gifts, and two books, and stuff for two cheesecakes. And then I had to make them. SUPER FUN!! Actually it was. I like to bake, it is relaxing. Kind of. Unless Savannah is in bathroom on the potty yelling for help because she pooped and doesn't want to get her hands dirty. SERIOUSLY? Like I want to get MY hands dirty. Owell. I did wash my hands between wiping her butt and cooking :), just in case you were wondering. LOL.
It all turned out ok. After 5 pieces of pizza and 2 pieces of cheesecake, I am fat and happy :). (I didn't really eat all that, but I sure thought about it.)
11 comments:
Oh my, I am TIRED just reading all that!!!
My heavens Britt. That was quite the day. I'm so sorry you smacked into the civic. That is the worst feeling in the world. FYI--our beta fish lived for over two years so you never know! :)
We heard yelling from across the stadium when Daniel's name was read, and I thought of you. That was some rain last night, wasn't it?
As for the car . . . I completely feel your pain. I don't think I've ever backed out into another car, but I have backed out into the closed garage door . . .twice. Not good.
WOW!! What a day! Your poor little car. I didn't realize Danny was old enough to graduate!! You guys have been parting all week.
WOW! I don't know how you managed to squeeze all of that into one day. I can totally relate to the butt wiping thing. Whenever I am cooking (which isn't often) one of my boys starts yelling from the bathroom. Sorry about your car - that sounds like something Nolan would do (hehehe...)
I really think my heart rate accelerated while reading your post! lol. What a hectic day. Sorry about the car. I just got my Tahoe back into the garage after much coaxing Kenneth to clean it out and of course I hit his car after a few short wks. Nice. His car belongs to his company...not good.
WOW! What a day! I hope tomorrow turns out to be the easiest day ever for you! You deserve it after a day like that!
Was Celia Turley Mckenna's teacher? Because she was in my ward and she was also my co-worker's daughter's kindergarten teacher. I was at her funeral today but I'm just wondering if that was the funeral you're talking about.
I hope today was more relaxing than yesterday for you! wow!
No. It was for an older lady. I did hear about that mom tho.
Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whoa! It's nice to hear other people have days like that and do things like run into cars they just looked at. I was pretty sure I was getting early Alzheimer's because I do things like that all the time! Luckily it's mostly little things--but I've hit my share of parked cars! I hope the rest of the week went better for you!!
Post a Comment