Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Projects

I have completed (or just started) several projects in the last 8 months. I have made blankets, both quilted and crocheted. I have made scrubs for Halloween and hooter hiders for my aunt and I. I have scoured my house many a time, decluttering, tossing out items I haven't used forever, reorganizing closets, and inventorying food storage.

My most recent project has been making 2 purses. My mother in law helped... I am not so talented. We spent the better part of two days and two nights putting them together.

After my mother in law had gone home, I was contemplating the projects I have started and completed in these past months and wondered what in the world am I thinking doing all these projects?

I finally realized why I do them..... I miss Daxton. There is a void of "time" I need to fill that would be filled if he were still here. When I do a project I am reminded that the reason I can do it is because I don't have a toddler running around that needs tending. I do projects because it occupies my mind. They keep me busy for the period of time I need them to in order to make it through one more day.

4 comments:

Melissa & Phil said...

I love projects!! IT is a wonderful way to keep busy. I would love to see pictures!!

Kambria Smith Robinson said...

When Adam left on his mission I remember praying one night with my little nephew Blake. I prayed that I wouldn't miss my dear friend Elder Walter. When we finished, Blake said bluntly, "That was rude to Adam!" I asked why. He replied, "Cuz missing someone means you love them." Good principle...not easy, but good.

Brad said...

This is exactly how I felt. But, instead of starting projects, I organized stuff. I had the most organized medicine cabinet, craft room, kitchen, you name it.
I think another reason we do this, is because doing a project or organizing something brings a measure of control to your life. You may not be able to control the grief, but you sure can go to JoAnne's and make a new blanket any way you want to.
Love what Kambria said. So true.
Jenny Denton on Brad's computer!

Hubers said...

Aren't we all thankful for work to ease the pain.
I know this may be different, but after my dad died pretty quickly, I ran harder and cleaned more than I had in a very long time.