Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

On and Off

Well there have been some real on and off moments lately. I didn't realize the effect that having a baby in the house again would have on me. People ask how is '3?' My response is 'a lot like the last time I had 3.' And then 'awkward.' The thing is.... I know how to manage 3. I have done it once already and now I 'get' to do 3 again. I would really like to do 4 though.

You may all have heard about the woman in California who had 8 babies. Ya. Crazy. Well we were putting the girls to bed and Doug said, 'How do you think this process would go if we had 14 kids?' To which I replied, 'I would just take 4.' Let's not get too greedy here :). Anyhow, a nostalgic moment.

Some similarities and memories if you will indulge me:

Isabella lays by the girls before she goes to bed, just like Daxton.
I nurse Isabella and hold her on the couch the same way I did with Daxton.
Mikenna tends Isabella, just like she did with Daxton, but now she is bigger so she can help even more.
I read to the girls, just like I did with Daxton and the girls before bed time.
Savannah still gives the same 'not-so-soft' kisses to Isabella that she gave Daxton.
Each time I sit on my bed to pump, I look at Daxton's pictures on the wall. Maybe I should move them because I usually get weepy.
I had a brother get married a little after Daxton was born and now I have another one getting married... just a little after Isabella was born.
I bathe Isabella the same way I bathed Daxton. On the counter. And when I am through she lays there while I get ready, just like Daxton.

Isabella sleeps better than Daxton did....
We have her crib in a different section of our room. Away from the blinds...
I say 'girls'... and each time notice I didn't say 'kids.' Now I have all living girls.

Isabella is such a sweetie. It is nice to have a baby in our home again. The void for Mikenna and Savannah has been filled I think. They still always talk about Daxton, but I think their arms are less empty. They have a baby to look at in the mornings when they wake up. They have a baby to hold when they get home from school. Savannah fetches diapers and wipes to change a baby, and Mikenna gets to feed a baby and pick out her clothes and help give her a bath.

The other day, Savannah said, 'Mommy, I want to hold chubba wubba baby sister.' We called Daxton chubba wubba.

5 comments:

Hubers said...

It sounds like you're in a in-between state.

I love you and will pray for you and your heart.

Bartel's said...

You have such a precious family. Very touching post, as they all are....almost bitter-sweet.

Margaret said...

yes i would settle for 4, but we dont get to settle anymore do we. love you

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

Just want you to know I've been thinking of you the last couple of days. Chubba Wubba baby sister is cute, I like that.

They are recognizing the blessing of a new life, while at the same time reminding themselves of their sweet brother.

{ Bethany } said...

I may be masochistic, but I can't seem to stop myself from reading! I admit, I am panicking slightly (okay, more than that) imagining changing diapers and getting out the baby crib again.

Anyway...you're on my mind these days.