Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Good mommy OR Bad mommy

Here are the purses that I made with my ALL talented Mother in law when she was here after Isabella was born. THANKS!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!



Ok so I have had a few conversations with my girls as of late and have overheard some conversations as of late. So here they are:

Background: Mikenna in the morning...well sometimes we have a little personality conflict, OK BIG ones :). Our morning went like this the other day.

Savannah: I was good at school today mommy
Mom: Oh?
Savannah: Yes, can I have gum
Mom: Sure. (I get the gum out and rip it in half, it will likely end up going through her digestive system)
Savannah: Thanks mom, you are the best (she thinks if she butters me up, she might get what she wants... not so)
Mikenna: I want a piece of gum
Mom: Sure. (I break the same kind of gum I gave to Savannah)
Mikenna: I don't want that kind.
Mom: (of course, it would be too easy if she did) Ok what kind do you want.
Mikenna: (selects piece of said gum)
Mom: (breaks gum in half just the same as Savannah)
Mikenna: I didn't want it broken. I wanted a whole one.
Mom: You always get half.
Mikenna: Well I wanted to break it in half.
Mom: (ya right) Sorry honey, why don't you take this one (not my exact words I am sure)
Mikenna: (poutily takes the piece of gum).... (then throws it on the floor)
Mom: Well that was a really stupid thing to do
Mikenna: You shouldn't say stupid mom, it is a bad word
Mom: (ya you are lucky that is all I said) You're right Mikenna, I shouldn't say stupid, but you shouldn't throw your gum on the floor either. (picks up gum, throws in trash)
Mikenna: (sprawled on the floor kicking and likely screaming) I want my gum
Mom: then you shouldn't have thrown it on the floor (walking away.... lest she get a beating, Mikenna still on the floor.)

I overheard this conversation today with Savannah and her physical therapist:

Savannah: Are you Mormon? (ok not her exact words, but well that is what I can post)
Ben: Huh? (a little hard to understand Savannah the first time)
Savannah: Are you a Mormon? (a little louder)
Ben: Huh?
Savannah: Are you a Mormon? (ok already don't you understand what I am saying?)
Ben: (he finally understands and redirects)

Ok what she really said is REALLY hilarious, but I can't post it here so if you are DYING to know you can email me :)

Another conversation with Savannah and Ben:

Savannah: I have a new baby. Do you have a baby?
Ben: Yes I have a baby.
Savannah: Is it a boy or a girl?
Ben: A boy. Do you have an older brother?
Savannah: No.
Ben: Do you have a little brother?
Savannah: Yes. Daxton. He died.
Ben: (speechless)

The filter is nonexistent in little kids. Oh their innocence. Isn't it great?

6 comments:

Sant Family said...

I must know what Savannah said!

When Rachel and Ben were little we were in WalMart and Rachel was sucking her thumb. Ben leaned over and tried to suck her other thumb. Rachel started screaming, "Benjamin! Quit sucking my thumb!?" What it sounded like was quite different - her s sounded like an f and her th like a b. You can figure it out.

This was in Provo, so it was a big hit.

Sant Family said...

DUH! I was also going to say - super cute purses. They look like Amy Butler?

Love Haze said...

LOL! Thank you for sharing!!! I am so glad that I am not the only one with strong-minded kids. (: Well, I think we know where they get it, don't we... :p

jen said...

Funny. Love to know what Savannah really said.

The Beus Family said...

Brittany, someone showed me this site and I thought it would be great if you could get people around you to order these, they are free you just have to send them to different addresses. www.babiesonestep.com/feb_giveaway.html good luck I hope that will help with your boxes. Roz

Becky said...

Hi, I'm a friend of Bethany's...she emailed about the blankets, I love what you are doing for the hospitals!! So great! You are an amazing person, judging by your blog. I am so sorry for the loss of your little boy!! (I just had to tell you that)!!

I'll tell more people about your cause!