Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Friday, February 13, 2009

A memory

I had a friend recently email me a random memory of Daxton. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear these. I love that people still remember him. I love it when people let me talk about him. I love it when OTHER people talk about him. It is ok. Don't EVER feel bad for mentioning Daxton because you think I might break down and cry, I won't, (ok I might go cry my eyes out later, but seriously).

Whenever someone tells me about him I am reminded of him. I love him!!!! We were conjoined at the hip. He was my right arm. Of course I miss him. Don't assume that just because you bring him up that I will all of the sudden start thinking about him and be sad. I ALWAYS am thinking about him :). ALWAYS. At least for now.

So back to the memory. Each year *well occasionally each year* we attend a convention where we take Savannah and learn more about Russel Silver Syndrome (on of two she has been diagnosed with) click HERE to learn more, and we went 2 years ago when Daxton was just 6 weeks old.

He kept me up ALL night and we were ALL in one teeny tiny hotel room (all 5 of us) and he just would NOT sleep. Made me almost crazy (since I was recovering crazy before him). So I would drag my sweats, slippers, and me downstairs at 1am in the morning and sit in a chair next to the elevatot. People would walk by and give me 'oh I am soooo sorry looks' and "got his days and nights mixed up" and all sorts of comments. All I wanted was some SLEEEEP!!!!

But to no avail. I would rock him until 3 am each morning until he FINALLY went to sleep, and then I would carefully travel upstairs and put him in bed with me so he wouldn't wake up again.... at least not for a few hours so I could have SOME stamina for the next day. I would give ANYTHING for that sleepless night again.

Thanks for the memory Jen. I cried. I laughed. I cried. And then I wrote it down. LOVES!

2 comments:

julie said...

I SO wish that I had a memory of Daxton to give you, but unfortunatly, we never met him. We so look forward to meeting him in the next life. I don't think we've even met Mikenna, it's been so long since we've seen you guys. I just want to let you know that I read your blog often, and I love the way it uplifts me and make me want to be better. We love you guys! I hope you're feeling better after having Isabella.

Suzanne Maughan said...

Until yesterday, I have read your blog knowing only that I knew about your blog through Kami (Ive known her since we were babies). I had no idea your kids came to Gilbert Pediatrics. =) Yesterday when I talked to you on the phone (I know, creepy that you're hearing this from me now but it would've been creepier if I would've said, "Hey Brittany! I read your blog!" to you on the phone yesterday)and heard you spell out your last name and as I typed it in, the family showed up, I knew just who I was talking to. My dad is a doctor at Gilbert Ped's and Ive worked there for 3 yrs now.
I just want you to know that I really appreciate your blog. It really brings me the spirit and confirms the truth that families can be together forever. Daxton is one of the most beautiful children I have ever seen in my life. I love the posts with pictures of him and his beautiful blue eyes. They remind me of my daughter's eyes.
I hope you and Isabella are doing well. She is such a beautiful baby girl.