Ever feel like you have so much to do, but you are sure you will NEVER get it done. Ok I know, story of your life. Ya. Right now it is mine. I have so many things to be done: getting ready for school, going to the gym, taking Savannah to therapy, dishes, laundry, house cleaning, packing, unpacking, baths, shopping for food, shopping for school stuff, working, playing, filing, cleaning out rooms and spaces in rooms that haven't been touched since we moved in 5 years ago. You know the drill.
It can wait but until tomorrow I say. Ya. But when there are so many tomorrows stacked up against you, where is it that you start? I am sure that I can put off today for tomorrow but that would make for a lot of things not getting done.
So here I am, putting off today what can be done tomorrow. I have made a valiant effort today. I have done 5 loads of laundry (all still piled on the spare bed), loaded the dishwasher once (needs to be emptied and loaded again...), forgot that I had therapy for Savannah (last Thursday, yes I just remembered tonight), set up 3 future doctor appointments I will likely forget to go to and be charged a $30 fee, unpacked from yet again another trip out of town (which was totally worth it to get out of this 115 degree joyous weather), shopped at Costco and Walmart for food and school stuff (hopefully my AMEX doesn't call and cancel my card or better yet. Doug)and the kids are all sound asleep in bed.
I find myself blogging. Not so much on my list of things to do, but therapeutic nonetheless. What is it about blogging that makes me feel like I can express random thoughts or deep dark secrets. Seriously. Some stuff I wouldn't dream of bringing up in a "normal" conversation. Something about cyberspace that makes it "safer" to open up? I don't think so. But I do think that it is easier to express feelings to a certain extent. I can write them or delete them or rewrite them. As opposed to saying something and regretting it later or not having it come out "right." I don't know.
My dad sometimes teases me that he only knows how I am doing because of my blog. Hmmmm I wonder if that means that he reads it :).
Well anyway for whatever reason it is, I have a story:
On Sunday we were sitting in Primary (where the children go to sing and learn about the gospel in class and singing time)and we were having the most delightful lesson on the creation of the earth. We went to through the days: The teacher held up a picture and asked the children to describe what they thought the first day was (light and darkness)They didn't so much get it, but then we moved on to the second day (a picture of Heaven and earth as you can best get) and the children said "earth" was created, then the third day a picture of a tree (meaning the land and the sea and the trees), day 4 was the Sun Moon Stars, that was pretty obvious for the kiddos and then of course the fish and birds on day 5, followed by Animals and Adam and Eve. It was an interesting discussion from the children's point of view. My favorite though was when the teacher asked what God did on the 7th day, the Sabbath (kids are just barely getting that Sabbath means Sunday, so the teacher said What did God do on Sunday) Well there in the back of the room was Savannah. She raised her hand and the teacher said, "Savannah, what did God do on Sunday?" To which she matter-of-factly replied, "He went to Grandma's house." (DUH) what else is there to do.
Seriously. Out of the mouth of my seven year old. What a hoot! I don't think that the teacher or anyone else for that matter "got" it but it was sure hilarious for me. :)
6 comments:
Hello my dear. So, August is the month of weddings which means I will be there for 2 weeks and then again at the end of the month so please let me come help you tuck some tomorrows under your belt ;-) If you want.
LOVE
Kami
Hey, that's all we do on Sundays, too!!! :P Woohoo for Grandmas and free, delicious food that I don't have to prepare!!! :)
That is funny!
I was in charge of Sharing time in our ward too this past Sunday, and of course on the same topic - I got some pretty funny answers too!
I am glad you wrote that down!
Yes, I always feel like I have so much to do and I will never get it done!!! Oh well what do ya do I guess huh? Its good to be busy! Savannah is so cute, she says the funniest things! Sounds like something my kids would say...since Sunday dinner is always at their grandma's, too. :) Can't wait to see you soon!
And This GRANDMA loves it. And babe, tomorrow never comes.......(yes dad reads your blog) LOVE YOU
Thanks for the laugh. Savannah is so cute and funny. I love her personality. I think Katelyn and her would be great friends if we lived closer. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment