Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Monday, July 20, 2009

Just in case you were wondering.....

So yesterday I was sitting in church, because that is what we do on Sundays. We scream and yell at our kids to get ready, while playing "Music and the spoken word" blaring on the TV to drone out the noise and tell kids to sit down and be quiet and read the "Friend" (a great magazine for kids provided by the church, you too can enjoy a copy if you go to www.lds.org and go to magazines and click "Friend").

We cram into the car and bribe the children to put their seat belts on and ask them to please stop crying because we don't want the tears to show when we get to church, because when we get to church we just want them to sit and fold their arms and pretend we all have it together. :)

While at church I happily pull out the kids designated church puzzles and church bags. I dutifully make sure that my cell phone is off, because seriously how EMBARRASSING is it when someone else's cell phone goes and you are like, Seriously? it's church, what do you need your cell phone for. Leave it at home, right? Ya. Right. So I turned my phone on silent and then during the prayer. Yes I said the prayer. A phone starts ringing.... RINGING? Seriously? It is on silent. I know. I checked.

I look around and see if there is anyone diggin in their purses to shut it off. I am seriously annoyed. It is ringing some random song I have never heard, and then to my horror. My total and utterly complete HORROR, I realize it is mine. Yes my phone is singing some random song I am sure I didn't down load but apparently I now have it, although I don't know if I will be able to retrieve it at this point because I don't know where even to find it.

Back the ringing cell phone. Instead of taking it out for all to see I just sit on it, because surely it will stop sometime right? Well Savannah started giggling and said, "Mommy why are you sitting on your phone?" And Mikenna is telling daddy that my phone is making noise.... so much for being discreet, although a ringing cell phone during the prayer is hardly discreet.

Well folks I eventually managed to shut it off and still to this day can't figure out how on earth the song was playing on my SILENTED phone. So just in case were wondering whose phone was ringing. It was mine.

6 comments:

Bean said...

Thanks Britt, you just totally made my day!!! your cell phone ringing during the prayer! That exceeds all classics! Love ya!
Megan

Jessica Steed said...

That is so funny. It happens to all of us.
My phone has a music player, so the buttons on the side start the songs. If it's in my back pocket and I sit down, it's like a mini-boom box in my jeans.
I know exactly how you feel. My phone erupts with music all the time.

Love ya!

Gel said...

That is so funny!! I love when kids give you away!! For sure it would only ring right when its quiet!!

Rickie said...

I am laughing so hard. That is hillarious, but utterly mortifying, too. That could so happen to me. Maybe next time you should just leave it at home :)

The Holland Family said...

Not only is the cell phone funny, but you hit the nail on the head with the whole getting ready, yelling at the kids, etc, etc, and going to church acting like we have it all together. Isn't that the stinkin' truth. I guess mormons are human too right? Thanks for the good laugh today. Love, Nicole - Mia's mom ^i^

Anonymous said...

So stinkin' funny. I can just hear Savannah giggling.