I have thought a lot about friends lately. I was talking or emailing rather a very good friend from high school and the thought occurred to me that I hadn't had any contact with this particular friend for about 3 or 4 months back when Isabella was born. That is quite a long time. But I guess the good news is that we can just pick up where we left off.
My mom is always saying how she doesn't have any friends (well we all know that isn't true, see previous post for her bday). I do think she has a point. As we get older and more involved with our children (and get more children) and their lives and needs and wants, our friends get put on the back burner. This is quite unfortunate actually because I really like my friends and I have a lot of REALLY good ones. If you don't believe me, just ask them. :)
It isn't that I don't think you all aren't important, it is just that time passes by so quickly I don't realize that it is has been so long since I have seen or spoken to you. This leads me to thinking that the blogging world and email and texting are SO great, since it the main form of communication between most of my friends, relatives, etc.
There is something about sitting at my computer pouring over your blogs, checking my email and responding, or occasionally texting to check in on you. Maybe we are still keeping in contact, it is just that our form of communication is different. Instead of hanging out at your house or chatting on the phone, we have been introduced to new forms of technology that allow us to keep in touch.
Whatever it is, I hope that I can be a better friend to you. Thanks for listening or reading rather. It is probably a bunch of nonsense, but that is what you get from a sleep deprived mama.
7 comments:
I love the insight and I have to agree. I feel like I have been a horrible friend, but you kind of put it into perspective. Thank you:) I do think of you often, even if you don't hear from me, I check in on you daily and love to see what's going on with your amazing family. You inspire me!!
What a blessing it is to be your friend! Even if it did start in the blog world!
I've been thinking lot about you today and then I read your blog and it all makes such perfect sense! I really do love hanging out with you we just all get so involved in our childrens lives. It's all about them these days. Let's try to play soon though. I'm really missing you!!
Loves!
love you and love your blog. I totally check in on you everyday... sad that it isn't in real life I suppose. Hope you had a grand ol' time in ID. Talk to ya soon!
Love you my Texan friend! Aim
Awww.
Brit, you're so sweet.
It has been way too long since we've seen each other.
Despite that, I do feel like we could just pick up where we left off.
Perhaps when school starts again we can do a little brunch at Wildflower. That was fun. Or even better, another night of Rockband. Mark and I haven't played in MONTHS. I'm getting rusty.
Hi Brittany, it's me... one of those long-lost friends you thought you'd never hear from again. I miss you. I check out your blog every now and then, when I get a chance. I haven't been there for you like you've been for me.... and I'm so sorry.
Love ya to pieces, Rachel
rachelolsenfamily@blogspot.com
Post a Comment