Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Friday, July 10, 2009

Testimony

A testimony is a manifestation of the truthfulness of the gospel. It defines the foundation of our beliefs and is a way for us to testify to others and to help our testimonies be strengthened and to help others as well.

On Sunday we went to church with Doug's family and a few of the cousins, aunts, and uncles got up to bear their testimonies. Savannah decided in her mind that she wanted to go up and bear her testimony. She turned to uncle Shawn whom she asked to take her up to the stand in the meeting. He stated that it would be a good idea for her to ask her aunt Melissa (his wife). So she gave Melissa her puppy dog brown eyes and she took her up to bear her testimony.

It went something like this, "I want to bear my testimony. I know this church is true. I love my mom and dad.... (pause for a thought to come to her) and Isabella and Daxton."

I know that she meant to put Mikenna in there somewhere. Anyway, it brought tears to my eyes. For so many reasons. I am grateful that my children can have testimonies and be able to share them with others. Savannah is a hoot. And we love her :).

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Wish I had been there!

Melissa said...

I was there and it was amazing to hear her and the other Kunz clan who bore their testimonies. Thanks for your thought/comment in Relief Society. You are such an inspiration! The Kunz family is amazing!

Have a blessed day! said...

I have goosebumps...and tears. It's amazing that at such a tender age their hearts are so full of truth and The Spirit.

maricela said...

Savannah puts a smile on my face and definitely on OUR LORD's face. You are very BLESSED to have such joy in your possession. Those are signs from above that everything will be ok. It is not easy but it is all in HIS timing, HE is in charged. Have a wonderful day.

Gel said...

That was so cute when she bore her testimony. She knows how to bring a smile to your face. Saying a hoot isn't exactly what I was thinking... she is stinkin funny!! We had a great time seeing u guys and we missed u when we had to leave. love ya

Bridget said...

How wonderful! I also love it when my boys spontaneously mention Evan. I get worried sometimes that they'll forget him. But they don't. And sometimes, they'll still cry with me about missing him.