I don't know why, but lately I have been in a cooking frenzy.
I got this new book
And it. Is. Awesome.
I don't think that I have actually saved any money, but I have found some great recipes. Fast. Easy. Yummy.
That is where we got all the yummy recipes from our cooking day extravaganza.
In the last two days, I have made 58 stuffed pizza rolls (like calzones) and 30 Beef Empanadas. From scratch.
It has been fun. I take pleasure in cooking meals that will last a long time. And who doesn't love the thought of NOT cooking EVERY day! I sure do.
I just go to the freezer and pick something out that I have previously made (and if I know that Mikenna won't eat it then I can just grab her some pizza rolls or chicken quesadillas) and TA DA. All done.
Toodles
Britt
4 comments:
On my way over to order that book. My goal this summer is to get better on the cooking front. Thanks for the motivation.
That is awesome. One of my good friends, years ago, had a cook book like that and swore by it! (:
I seriously need to get it. Thanks!
I love freezer cooking! When my youngest was newborn, she was one of those babies that cried 7 hours a day, from 4-11pm. Every day. And my hubby works until 10 or 11pm, 6 days/week! So my other 4 kids were getting cereal for dinner way too often. I started cooking on Sunday afternoons when my hubby was home- and would get around 20 meals done in 4 or so hours...and that was the only way we ate for a while!! Plus they are GREAT to have on hand for when you get a call from compassionate service wanting to know if you can feed someone last minute, or when you just personally know of a friend in need of some help. I don't do it as often as I used to, but am trying to get back into the habit- 4/5 of my kids are in school so I'd rather enjoy my afternoons and evenings hanging with them instead of cooking! :) They like to help me when I am freezer cooking too...
Anyway! I'd love to swap some favorite recipes! :)
Where did you get it?? I SOOOO need that!!
Post a Comment