Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Sunday, May 9, 2010

HapPy MoThER's DaY

Dear Mom,

I love you big as the sky. 

Was there ever a better mother?

To teach me. To love me. To hold me.

Was there ever a mother more forgiving?

When I was a teenager. When I am selfish. When I need to be forgiven.

Was there ever a mother with so much love to give?

To her children. To her grandchildren. To her friends. To her hubby.

Was there ever a mother with so much patience?

With a son in law. With a stubborn child. With life itself.

No. I don't think so. 

I am so glad you are my mother. Happy Mother's Day.

_______________________________

Truth be told. I am not a lover of the the Mother's Day. Sure I like to honor my mother. Because seriously, she had 5 kids and that is something in and of itself. 

Yesterday we all were in the temple. Together. That says something about my mother. A lot actually. 

I have been thinking lately. (I know. Trouble)
Being a mother is hard. It isn't what you expect it to. 

There is nothing like holding your brand new baby in your arms. Who depends on you 100%. To love and to take care of. It is a feeling that can't be matched. The joy. The love. The peace. 

There is also nothing like holding your lifeless child. As they enter into Heavenly Father's arms. 
Much sorrow. Much sadness. Much devastation. 
Eventually peace. (although I can't say I am there)

May is a tough month for me in general. It hasn't hit full force. But it is coming. June is harder. And it is just around the corner. 

But no matter how hard it gets. I am still a mother. I have 3 beautiful little girls. Who need me. Who love me. Who depend on me. Their mother. 

_____________________________

Today we were driving in the car and Savannah says, 
"When I am my age, I want to live" 
My reply, "When you are my age, you want to live?"
"In a apartament"
"You want to live in an apartment?"
"Yes. A new one. Like that one. OK?"
"OK"

Seriously? Where did she come up with that. I laughed. Hysterically. 

______________________________

Isabella LOVES to play peek a boo. 
I will look back at her in her carseat, hands over her eyes, "a boo" SO CUTE!!!!

She also loves to play patty cake. Once again... we were driving around and she is la la la la rolling and clapping her hands. 

LOVE HER!!!!

_______________________________

Mikenna is about ready to start reading chapter books. She is doing multiplication. And she LOVES to play Wacky Six. (a speed playing card game like solitaire but with a lot of peoples so not really like solitaire) YOu should see my grandma play it. SOOOO fun. LOVE my grandma too!!!!!

4 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY : ) Your comment about how being a Mother isn't what you expect it to be is SO right. There are a lot of things I wish someone would have told me. There are a lot of surprises that you don't realize come with being a Mother. But it is so rewarding, even on the days when it is the hardest.

Your comment about holding a lifeless child just cut to my heart and made me cry. I am sitting here thinking about Elizabeth. I am remembering to vividly how she looked as I held her and how still she was. I remember when she was born - it was so quiet. There was no crying. That is still hard for me to forget. But I feel honored to have a celestial child waiting for me on the other side. Although I do agree with you completely - not a whole lot of things bring me the peace I wish I had.

Thanks for being such an incredible example of Motherhood.

Katie said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!!

Greg and Heidi said...

You are a beautiful, courageous example of a mother, and a nurse, wife, marathon runner, etc... This week's holiday has been very hard for me also. I am sorry! It sounds like you are followin in your mothers footsteps...

MaRilla said...

I love yr mom too! she makes one terrific Auntie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you Britt, Happy mother's day.