Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Friday, May 21, 2010

Organizing....

Sometimes I feel like my life is is TOTAL chaos!

And it is.....

But sometimes there is nothing I can do. 

I have been reading this book called Getting Things Done. It is pretty eye opening to just how much I need some more organization in my house. 

Its funny because if you go to my moms she has everything in her pantry organized just so in tupperware, pete containers, buckets. You can find just about whatever you want....

Then you enter her laundry room with an assortment of drawers that hold EVERYTHING. As Mikenna would say, "Mom we should just call Grandma. She has everything." And she is right. 

But then you come to my house and I can't even count how many junk drawers I have. Ok I can, but I am SO not telling you. I am constantly going through clothes, shoes, closets, under beds, over beds, pantries, toys, crafts, and tossing out garbage bags and garbage bags of stuff I have no idea where it came from. I also have a habit of buying something 'in addition' to what I already have rather than 'in place of.'

I have recently found a website New Nostalgia that linked me up to Becoming a Minimalist. Watch out honey, I may have just appeared in your dreams. Spending less? Buying only what we need? Not collecting clutter? Oh my goodness. (should I thank you now or later Jenny?)

Here goes nothing. 

Wish me luck!

Loves

PS Happy Birthday DAD!!!! You. Are. Awesome. But you already knew that. We bought him this AWESOME game for his birthday. I mean seriously. What do you get the man who has EVERYHING. A game called SNORTA. Ages 4-50something... or older. Can't wait to play it with Grandma. This is going to be a HOOT!!!! Thanks Heather. 

3 comments:

jen said...

I was reading Real Simple last night and there was a test to see if you were left or right brained when you organize. I've discovered my problem. I'm both.
Now what?

Cindy said...

I have a friend having a baby this weekend that is not expected to live. You can read about her family on www.thelindsaychronicles5.blogspot.com. She could use your prayers.

Stef said...

I amy need to check it out. I am so unorganized. Half the battle is that I live with someone else...actually 6 other people. Someday, it will come. For now...losing stuff is half the fun...that's what I keep telling myself.