Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 31, 2009

My 3 WitCheS

I sure hope that you all had a Happy Halloween!!!

It is actually really hard for us to have ALL that candy at our house.... so this year we skipped trick or treating and headed to the cabin. Because if you can't trick or treat, you may as well have a PARTAY the cabin with Grandma!

I made this cape for Kisserbella and the bow. She is the CUTEST little witch I ever done see! Don't you agree? Even if you don't, say you do.


Unfortunately this was the best picture I could get of Savannah. She is such a turkey sometimes! IT was crazy hair day at school on Friday so I did 6 piggies with ribbons in their hair. It was more cute than crazy. Ain't it great to be CrAzY?

Doug took this of Mikenna. She said "Daddy, take it while I am doing this... and this... and this..." Oh boy. We are in trouble. Her latest thing is getting a little on the cranky side with me. Like for instance, I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for her and it had the chunky peanut butter. She about came unglued. I told her daddy did it. To which she replied, "oh." OH!!! OH!!! OH!!! WHAT? Are you KIDDING ME?

Then at the cabin I didn't pack her Halloween pants because I couldn't find them. I know shocking.... then she was mad that I didn't pack them (luckily I thought to bring her Halloween shirt on a whim no less). SO I being the VERY smart mommy that I am (I learn quickly) I said, "Oh daddy forgot to pack your pants. Sorry." And all was forgiven.... SERIOUSLY????

OK SERIOUSLY????

Mikenna and one of the two twins.

For our PARTAY, we had skeleton and brain dip. At first it sounded REALLY disgusting. My first thought trailed back to last year at work for our Halloween party somebody brought in grey jello from a brain mold. It was actually quite delicious.... but still. When I saw what it was, I thought it would be SUPER fun to have for dinner. SO here it is.

After I decided to do the skeleton and brain dip I googled Halloween recipes and came up with "witches fingers" (supposed to be a cookie, but I had already failed at the caramel apples and the "breadsticks" turned out to be more like bread loaves.... so I just put the red fingernail (red almond) on the bread loaf and called it good.) and these meatball eye balls. Hilarious. AND Mikenna wouldn't touch it for NOTHING.

Dad said it was all a bit more effort than he would have afforded, but it was fun for the girls.... I think. We then played musical chairs, ate popcorn balls, and did Halloween projects.

AND here are the two twins and Kisserbella. Aren't they FREAKING adorable? Ya I am not SUPER into Halloween, but we made it fun. AND now I must rest.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

7 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

your kids are adorable :-)

Megan said...

those are definitely adorable witches. some how when i dressed as a witch when i was a kids i just ended up looking like a homeless person. they look great!

jen said...

Such a creative mom, what with the healthy Halloween food and all. Now I know why you're in your sweats all day--you're baking and playing with your kids. Best reason I can think of!
And about your last post--I really needed that. Life has just taken a sharp dip down the roller coaster. And I have to remember that it's ok to lose control of everything sometimes and just BE. Thanks.

Speer Family said...

That first picture of Isabella is so cute and I think she looks so much like Daxton. I'm not a huge fan of Halloween either. Especially since Justin always seems to be gone and I have to do it by myself. Oh well....maybe next year I'll find somewhere to run away to. Also two more weeks of watching kids then lets do your girls rooms. I will have lots and lots of time to come help.

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

Very fun alternative to the candy hording. I love it. Now I just need a cabin.

OH, p.s. I guess Doug's little brother and my niece Lakynn know each other pretty well. My sister lives in Victor, and she said she sees you when you are there at church. Random I know, but I just remembered it.

Annie and the Boys... said...

the food turned out wonderfully! well done! it was so good to see you this weekend even if it was in passing;) love you friend! talk to you soon

kristi said...

OMG, I love the photos and the food ideas! Too cute!