Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Phonetically Speaking

We must first start with Kisserbella. OF course. Funny thought. Yesterday we were going to Costco and Mikenna likes to look at my phone. She has figured out the applications on my phone and knows how to get into the pictures. She says, "Mommy, there are a lot of picture of Isabella on your phone." Do you think she was implying that the 3 pics I have of her and Savannah combined and the 285 pics of Isabella are unfair? Maybe. :) But her are a few more... of the Kisserbella.




I know that everyone is doing parent teacher conferences. Oh what a great time of year..... well hopefully. We hope that our kids will succeed. We cheer them on. We work with them each day and night so that they will be successful in all that they do.

Yesterday we were at Mikenna's Let's play music class and she had to do a solo exercise. I was cheering her on in my mind, hoping against hope that she would do it correctly, but more important confidently. It was an interesting parenting moment for me. I am sure all the other moms were silently cheering their kids on, but I wasn't. Only I was cheering for Mikenna. (not that I wanted the other kids to mess up, I just have a vested interest in my daughter :))

Well anyhow, back to the point. I went to the girls parent teacher conferences. Savannah is doing VERY well. Behavior. Academically. Social. It is crazy. The teacher told me that they are even learning to read!!! I was floored! Savannah. Read? WOW! So she showed Savannah a few words from a book "ran" and "van" and she TOTALLY knew what they were!!!!! IT was AwEsOMe. I almost fell out of my chair I was so flabbergasted.

Then on to Mikenna's class. She is quite the social bug I am told. Need to work on that :). But when put on the spot becomes VERY shy. But who cares. I don't really like being put on the spot either. I know. Surprise. Anyway her teacher was explaining the importance of spelling. Did you know that in order for them to do algebra that they need to learn to spell phonetically before they spell correctly? Ya. I can't really wrap my brain around it, but now that you mention it I guess I can spell pretty good and while it only took me until 3rd semester Calculus, I finally learned algebra too. So maybe they are related?

Whatever.

I went into the playroom. Mikenna spends a lot of time there on the white board that we have hung on the wall. And on the white board I found this:

I am not sure what kind of a mother this makes me, but this was HiLaRIouS!!!!!! I just couldn't let it go unposted.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love it!! What a funny sight to come into! Very blogworthy!! :) You have the cutest little monkeys!!

{ Bethany } said...

haha...love the whiteboard. Gave me a much needed smile & chuckle today! :)

Kristina said...

Looks like Mikenna is figuring out the important words first! Hooray for Savannah, what a hard worker she is.