Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Mod Podge

Anybody know anything about Mod Podge? I want to Mod Podge sheet metal with scrapbook paper, but haven't a clue which one to use? They have indoor, outdoor, fabric, wood, etc.... and I am TOTALLY lost!!! Let me know which one works better on the metal surface.

Also..... If you know HOW to do it, please explain :) Do you glue down the paper with the mod podge and then mod podge over it?

HELP!!!!

4 comments:

Gel said...

Brit
I'm learning how to do it too. I will ask my friend to tell me the instructions... Remember those fun stars u bought with me... yep that is my nextprojec!!

Kambria Smith Robinson said...

I love mod podge! 2 tips: be sure to coat the actual surface before applying the paper. Then put another coat over the paper. Also, it might bubble up as you do the second coat, but don't try to smooth it out or anything. It should go back to being smooth once it dries. As to shellacking metal, don't use the ordinary kind. It can peel off pretty easily. I haven't tried any of the others but I would probably do the "outdoors" one. Good luck! I want to see it when its finished!

Anonymous said...

What are you doing? THose Christmas presents we talked about? I want to do that with you! :)

Heather said...

In my (very limited) experience, it works better to spray adhere the paper and then mod podge over it. I know that is not what the bottle says, but it bubbles less when I do it that way. Good luck--I love Mod Podge! (And until I looked it up just now, I totally thought it was "Modge Podge."

Love you!