Thanks to my husband. I have the BUG!!! No I am not sick, well I suppose that depends on what you define as sick :). I have been running about 5 miles a day for about 2 months now (aside from the week my partner was sick and the week I was in Idaho) and when Doug finished the marathon, I was INSANELY JEALOUS. I know. You are shocked.
Daxton Box
I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
St. George AND the Marathon
We went to St. George a few weeks ago, so that my husband could run the marathon. Yes. You read correctly. That is 26.2 Miles, just in case you were wondering. The St. George marathon IS GORGEOUS!!! There are a ton of supporters and the scenery is AWESOME. And the company isn't bad either (thanks Don and Liline) (sorry grandma that we dragged you all over the place and made you walk 2 miles UP HILL) I am glad that we all survived it.
We (the girls and I) woke up around 7 to be out the door by 8 and pick up my cousin by 830. We then walked 2 miles UPHILL pushing a stroller with TWO flat tires (DUH!!!!) and we missed them at the 16 mile mark by like 2 minutes. GRRR!!! So we ran down the hill (ok we took the shuttle) and went to wait for them at mile 23 *we barely made it*, Then we went to the end (and missed them AGAIN by 2minutes) Owell. We met up at grandpa Walters house and there enjoyed stretching, gatorage, and HUGE pieces of bread.
Congrats babe! You. Are. My. Hero!!!!!!!
Thanks to my husband. I have the BUG!!! No I am not sick, well I suppose that depends on what you define as sick :). I have been running about 5 miles a day for about 2 months now (aside from the week my partner was sick and the week I was in Idaho) and when Doug finished the marathon, I was INSANELY JEALOUS. I know. You are shocked.
And then I caught the bug. I ran it by my partner (who was still thinking we would do a half 13.1: cake if you ask me :)) and she thought it would be "fun" or crazy to do the full marathon in Sedona. SOOOOOOO drum roll please..... we are going to do it. Feb. 6. After coming home from Idaho and a week off from running I picked back up again, ran 5 and then 2 days later ran 9!!! I haven't run that much in who knows how long.... and why would I? Well if you have the right timing, the right partner, and the right husband, all the chips fall where they may and you too can begin training :) oh and you need some motivation. LOL!!!! (yer dum)
Thanks to my husband. I have the BUG!!! No I am not sick, well I suppose that depends on what you define as sick :). I have been running about 5 miles a day for about 2 months now (aside from the week my partner was sick and the week I was in Idaho) and when Doug finished the marathon, I was INSANELY JEALOUS. I know. You are shocked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ok you really are crazy but I already new that!:)
So exciting for Logan and Natalie!
Can't believe you're doing it without me.
Let's see. Feb 6 I'll be about four months post-partum, huge boobs and no bladder control to speak of. Not good timing. But I'll be watching and cheering you from the computer!
That is the best picture... Short shorts and long hair... can i get a copy to blow it up in a poster size!!!
Congrats to him. It is such an accomplishment. Really!! I about died with just the half marathon, and felt silly when 60 and 70 year olds were passing me up.
Great Job!
Good luck with your training! I'll be thinking of you as I'm training for my marathon too! :)
Jackie
I have often said that sometimes being the spectator is harder than being the runner--trying to "catch" them just at the right time! I'm trying to stay away from that bug--but it does pester me every now and then, but then I remember how old I really am. Good luck with your training! It makes for some great memories, wonderful friendships and fun stories!
Post a Comment