Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 29, 2009

A HaPpy LiFe

All around me I see the picture perfect families.

I go to the grocery store and see the cute little mom all done up with her 3 kids and their perfect hair, clean clothes, and of course stellar behavior. And of course I am there in my sweats, freshly washed (still wet) hair with my children who have long since pulled out their pony tails and look disheveled from their day at school.

I skip around to other blogs and see the picture-perfect-not-a-care-in-the-world-nothing-bad-ever-happens-to-me-families. And of course here I am, spewing the reality, not sugar coating (actually I am) my life all over the internet.

LOL!!!!!!! Isn't that funny? Ya. No.

Then last night as I was washing my face, I looked in the mirror (it was scary at best) and thought to myself. Wow. I am lucky. I am lucky because I have a house to live in. A modest one at best. Simple.

But I still have a house. With 4 walls. And people who love me who live in it. I have memories in my little house. I have children who are my world.

I have a car to get me from place to place. It might not be anything special to someone on the outside looking in, but it is special to me. It keeps us safe. And I don't really mind driving (who am I kidding. I. LOVE. IT)

I have good friends. Friends who listen to me. Who pluck my eyebrows, pick at my ingrown toe nails, give me a shoulder to lean on, bring me treats just when I need them, text me just to see how I am doing, call me just to say hi, pick up my kids from dance, exercise with me.... and so much more.

I have a good husband who does laundry, washes dishes, sweeps floors, bathes children, rocks babies to sleep, holds me when I cry, loves me no matter how many buttons I push.... and so much more.

This was a long look in the mirror and perhaps today I will blow dry my hair, put on some make up, and wear something other than leftover sweats I pulled from the dirty laundry..... then again maybe not :)

Moral of the story: I am grateful for what I do have and as long I don't dwell too long on what I don't have .... then I guess I can wait .... until someday.... when I do have.... all that I long for. Which isn't much.

11 comments:

Jessica said...

I LOVE your happy life!
I think those long look in the mirrors can do us so much good. Thanks for sharing.

Oh AND.... can Doug come to my house???!!!

Lisa said...

Hi-So I'm a total stranger, but I just have to comment today. I don't remember how I stumbled on your blog, but I love it. I love that you are so real. Things aren't picture perfect(not anything compared to you, but it's still hard)in my life and honestly it helps to read other blogs that let me know I'm not the only one. So it's good that you are keeping up a positive perspective, but I like the "real" stuff. p.s. I sit here writing this with wet hair and it's 1:20 here in Utah.

Hope I didn't just freak you out, I promise I'm normal-or enough anyway!

Lisa

Gel said...

Are you saying there is something wrong with moms going to the store in sweats and no makeup!! I wondered why people always stared at me when I go shopping.

And for Doug... I guess he is kind of "special"!! At least when we get to see you and the kids when we see him!!!!

Anonymous said...

You inspired me to actually put on some make-up today.

Angela said...

Funny I just had one of those days, last week. SO true, we are so blessed if we can see past our trials. My sister-in-law is now pregnant with twins. Well I have really struggled and have had a really hard time finding peace with whats to come. Then I thought to myself you know what I am lucky, I have a choice spirit in Heaven she was too pure for this life. Heaven Father trusted ME with this "blessing". What an honor really? Now do I always see the glass half full......NO but that day I looked at it with faith, hope, and graditude. I can look back and see how this trial has blessed us and made us stronger. For that I am thankful. But having said that eternity seems so far away.....
Thanks for posting this, heart felt TRUTH.

Rickie said...

You are so right. I am so glad I read your blog.

Brooke said...

Thanks for that post Britt. I needed that today. It's been a rough week at our house thanks to the Swine Flu. UGH! Thanks for keeping it real.... it makes me feel like maybe I am kind of normal after all. That it is ok not to be the perfect super woman I want to be. You are amazing...really you are. So don't forget that. :) I admire you tons....even in your sweats. ;) Makes me feel better about wearing mine til 3:00 in the afternoon, or some days all day! Thanks for bringing up the simple things to be grateful for. The simple and little things matter the most. I miss you. I hope it won't be too long before I can see you again.

Tiffany said...

Beautifully written! I always love reading your posts! I just love you girl! You are so my hero!

Laura said...

I'm a total stranger but wanted to comment. Hope you don't mind.
I loved this post. What a great reminder for me to count my many blessings! Thanks :)

kristi said...

I have all that too, except my husband rarely cleans. Oh well, you can't have it all!!

Lauren said...

I think most of us just post the fun stuff on our blogs. I wallow a lot as I look around at EVERYONE else who has this or that, is skinny and has perfect hair, gets to be a stay at home mom....the list goes on. But really, it is so good for us to have those moments and realize that we are unique and most of us don;t want to trade lives or trials. Heavenly Father is in charge...and THANK HEAVENS he is! Love you Brittney...thanks for writing this. You inspire me--you are AMAZING!