I can't believe we did ELEVEN miles. I know. I have done this amount before.... but it has been a REALLY long time. AND I wasn't nursing. AND I wasn't working. AND I didn't have a baby to wake me up in the wee hours of the morning.
BUT we did it. I can't believe it. AND I did it in THE.WRONG.SHOES. Seriously? For those runners out there, you know this leads to shin splints, knee injuries, foot injuries... Well I have had shin splints after our long runs lately and went to the running store to figure out what was the matter. I told the worker what shoe I was in, he looked at my feet and said, "Those are the LAST shoe I ever would have put you in." Apparently that means I am in the WRONG SHOE!
How can I be in the wrong shoe you ask? Well I went to two running company stores and they BOTH put me in this shoe. SO 5 years later. I am hoping to get into the RIGHT shoe so that my shin splints will go away. GRRRR!!!!!
4 comments:
11 miles??? Yep...you are my hero! So, I have to know...which shoe are you in? Which ones do you like the best?
The 'shoes' are apparently everything when it comes to running! Our son just started Cross Country this year. At first, he didn't have any problems with Shin Splints, just a little issue with toes. So, we went to this running store and they suggested these other shoes. Yes, his toe nails are getting better, but now he has Shin SPLINTS!!! We took him to see a 'specialist' and he said it was because of the shoes! Apparently, Nike's are bad for long distance running. The running store didn't seem to know that...
I have a complete appreciation now! I had NO idea how complicated running could be!
Wooo HOOO to you for toughing it out Puking, shin splints and all!!! Ice those legs! (:
Dang gina that is to much... Now you run on over to my house for a weekend so we can do some shopping and girls time. I think its about time right.
So is it super tough to run and nurse? Do you have trouble keeping your milk? I am nervous about it but I am so excited to start running again.
What Shoes are good shoes? I have NIkes and have always had shin splints.
I think you are awesome!
and I hope its okay to come to you with all my running inquiries.
Love ya!
Post a Comment