Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mouse in Granny's House!!!

You may have been wondering where I have been (or not).... well we have been there and back and there and back again. I have been working in between and trying to keep the house in order. :) Will update later, but for now I must tell about the....

The Mouse In Granny's House

It was a beautiful fall day in October. All was noisy throughout the house, with cousin's giggles and squeals alike. Little boys and girls playing dress up, watching movies, stealing their chance at the nintendo while the boys were away....

When all of a sudden an uncle heard the "pat, pat." The sound of little paws passing on the tile. All the kids were playing and laughing together, but it was heard amidst all the clamboring.

Suddenly, tiny little squeals and cries came from around the wood stove.

Little noises, quiet as a mouse, trying to get out of a trap of sticky icky stuff.... When Uncle Colt looked around...... he found it!!!!!

Yes peoples. Isabella was that wittle mousey. I had a notion to go and look for her when I saw Doug coming down the hallway holding Isabella in outstretched hands, sticky icky stuff and all.

We tried with alcohol, soap, water, NOTHING WORKED. So Doug being the EVER so handy husband, googled it. When all else fails, GOOGLE works. Every time. Oil people. Veggie table oil. Smeared all over. Works like a charm. Even on the face. OOOOOOOOO so gross, but she is kissable again at last.

7 comments:

Margaret said...

SO STINKIN CUTE...... Way to go Douglas. Impressive as always. Love you all. see you thursday.

Gel said...

That is so funny!!! I guess thats what happens when the boys r suppose to be watching the kids!! I'm still dying laughing!!!! Good work doug.

Pam said...

Oh children are so much fun....they really keep you on your toes! Precious story!

Anonymous said...

So so funny. We miss you guys!!

Diana said...

What a cute story, more cute now that she's all clean I'll bet!
Diana
(From the angel blog)

marinda said...

brit-
we miss you guys-it was good to see all of ya! i miss lovin on isabella! thx for everything!
love ya,
marinda

Tiffany said...

She is getting so big!!! I totally can see why you call her "Kisserbella"!! Sorry it didn't work out in St. George. I would have loved to see you. Next time for sure, we'll plan better and MAKE SURE I get in my Brit time! :) Wish you lived closer!