This last week, I had my FAVE cousin Brooke in town with her SWEET little family. We had so much fun doing NOTHING!!! That is the best. When you can get together with someone, do absolutely nothing, and have SO much fun.
Her kids are absolutely HILARIOUS. I never knew there could be so much drama. It was fun to watch and I just died laughing about every other conversation I had with them. Riley is 5 and Mason is 3.
Here are some funny little tidbits from the weekend:
Riley: She came in from outside and serious as a heart attack says,
"Daddy, I want to catch a bird. Do you think that I should get a box and set a trap for it? Or should I paint myself green and brown and stand really still like a tree so the bird can land on me?"
I thought I was going to PEE my pants it was so cute.
Mason: Mikenna and Riley wanted to paint their nails... so they did, purple, blue, silver. And Mason wanted to paint his too. It was so cute. We have some "clear" purple and pink, so I told Mikenna to use those colors. He came in and Brooke asked him to put his cars away. His reply,
"Mommy, I can't touch my cars because my fingernails are wet." LOLOLOL!!!!
Savannah: As you woman might know, March Madness has begun. If there is a time I could live without, now would be it..... Doug and Aaron watched basketball all the day long. Well Savannah got sick of it, grabbed the remote and turned off the TV. She told daddy,
"No more football." To which he replied,
"It isn't football, it is basketball" took the remote from her and turned the TV back on. She then took back the remote, turned the TV back off, and said,
"I am going to put it up high, so you can't reach it." Then stood up on her tippy toes and put it as high as she could.
Oh Savannah, you are a treat!!!
2 comments:
LOL! I am laughing again! We had SO much fun with you guys! The night Aaron and Doug talked about the dating days, I laughed so hard my stomach hurt! I haven't done that in a long time! Thanks for everything! We miss you all and hope we get to see you again soon!
p.s. Rylie keeps telling me I have to blow dry her hair the same way you did while we were there. My kids love you!
Hey Britt- I was just looking at one of my fellow 'Heart Mom's' blog and she has the sweetest version of I Am a Child Of God, you really need to see it.
I didn't want to copy and past the whole thing but she has the music on her blog too, it is
http://thegledhillfamily.blogspot.com/
then look for the post called "A Loss for Word's" I bawled and thought about you when I read it.
Hugs.
Post a Comment