Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The things we do....

Went to JoAnn's the other day... to get some yarn for one of my many projects :), and was standing at the checkout line. These lines are always about 10 years long because everyone who needed something that day came at the exact moment that I happened to walk into the store, not to mention there is only one checker, occasionally two. The first checker is in high school and has no care in the world, the other is a cute little grandma who is still in training.

As I am standing in my line that consists of me, the four people in front of me, and the four people in back of me, I pick up a very appealing, complementary magazine. It has many patterns and designs of clothes I would never even dream of making, but they sure are cute. I am perusing this magazine when I happen upon the end. I turn it over to see if there is anything on the back, AND THERE IS!!!

There are so many 40% and 50% off coupons to JoAnn's I think I just might go crazy. Now I am thinking to myself... "don't tell all these other people what I just scored upon, we wouldn't want them to know my 'free' secret." So I inconspicuously place the magazine under my shoulder, after all it is complimentary.

When I get to the checkout the checker says, pointing to my magazine, "Is that yours?" Hello what kind of question is that? Of course it is I am thinking, Well it is now... I reply, "Yes," trying hard NOT to say, "DUH!!" I carefully rip out one of the magically appearing coupons and hand it to her. Actually today I don't need it because the items I am purchasing are on sale. YEAH, I can save them for another day.

I put the magazine and the items in my bag and tote out to the car. I show Doug my good finds and then I show him the coolest magazine, because it has all these coupons on the back and seriously how are all the people in line so DUMB that they didn't see it and use them? He looks the magazine over and sees "Suggested Retail Price $2.99." Boy do I feel like an idiot.

I sheepishly replaced the ripped out coupon and raced into the store (ok the pile outside on display because I seriously can't face the high school cashier whom I previously had thought was oblivious to the world, when really it was ME) placing very carefully my "complimentary magazine" that only costs $2.99 (der) per issue. Wow am I blonde or what? It was a good laugh on an otherwise plain day.

Do you have a laugh to share? Sometimes I have such rotten days that a laugh or humorous story or joke makes me smile. Loves to all!!!

14 comments:

Bridget said...

I love it! Thanks for the laugh. Stephanie's drama queen post is pretty funny, too. Sorry, I don't have anything funny to add right now.

Amanda said...

That is funny! I love to read your stories- you are good with words!! You don't know me but I live by Stephanie- you are in my prayers! HANG IN THERE!

Tiffany said...

Very cute! I love it! I have those moments daily!!!! DAILY!!! I think it's because I'm blond...but if truth be told who really knows the color of it! I've been highlighting since 1997! I think sometimes some of the dye has crept into my brain!! Very funny though!!

Rhonda said...

hahahaha so funny! (and a pretty cute mistake!)

Jessica Steed said...

I have moments like that all the time.
But my favorite one was from Jaxon yesterday when he was talking about his hair color.
Vanilla, he said, but not actually ice cream.

julie said...

Thanks for the laugh. I could just imagine you running back up to the store to place your "free" magazine back. I think that we all have "blonde" moments.

The Madsens said...

oh my goodness i would have felt so stupid but that is funny hope your family is doing good we love you
Kurtis & mandi

Hubers said...

Hilarious! What a funny thief you are!

maricela said...

I love your writing; you express yourself from your heart. I look every night to see if you have an entry; your words are therapy for my soul. I lost a beloved brother 20 years ago; he was 27 years old and my beloved father last year. You have a beautiful family, cherish every moment. I have an empty nest; I miss my four children tremendously. I love to see your family grow; your beautiful blue eyes Daxton is watching you from above. I wish I knew you personally.

Annie and the Boys... said...

I LOVE IT!!!you're a dork! but then again, so am i... love you

Colleen said...

CLASSIC! Lets be honest-we've all had those moments. Your halloween outfits turned out really good. Keep up the good work!

Larsen said...

That was so funny. I hope you know that you brought a smile to my face when I was missing my little Gavin. I do a lot of stupid things but I blame them all on either losing Gavin or being pregnant, they can take thier pick. I loved it!! Thanks for sharing, now I'll have to think of something funny to post on my blog. Which one to choose.......

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

OH WOW!! That's really funny!! Hey I was wonderin what NICU you work at? My little baby is in the Banner Desert Nicu. Just wondered if I might see you one day :)

Ami Bethea said...

Ha! I once paid for gas, went and got in my car, and drove 10 minutes away before my gas light came on. I was so confused! How could I have no gas? I just pumped it....and then it hit me. What an idiot! I drove away without pumping my gas that I had just paid $40 for. I drove 10 minutes back, went inside and explained to the cashier (sheepishly) what I had done. He took pity on me (and looked at me like I was clinically insane) and gave me the gas money. lol oh my goodness I have no brain when I am in school except for medical stuff. I really hope it comes back when I graduate in a couple weeks!