Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Monday, November 10, 2008

Something to think about

I would give everything I own on this earth to see my baby for just one more hour or minute or second or to have held him in my arms when he needed his mommy most. I would give anything to see him tomorrow. I pray that the time will come VERY soon that we will be reunited once more.

And then I think about how long I have waited to come to this earth, to gain a body, to learn, to grow, to be tried, to be tested, to know joy amidst the sorrow, to know good from the evil. This life I have waited for for many years.

Doug and I recently attended the "Time Out" for couples. It was actually pretty good for the most part. Doug Brinley, a well known author and professor at BYU spoke. Some of what he said struck me differently than what he intended I am sure.
***(note the following is just one man's perception, it is in no way shape or form doctrine, just a perspective)
He pointed out that we waited
2000 years from when Christ was born to come to this earth
4000 years from Adam and Eve
7000 years lets say it took to create the earth
1000 years for the eons before our time....

14000 years approximately we have waited to come to this earth, for the 80 +/- years we spend here. 14000 compared to 80.

This threw me a little when I was thinking about it with a different perception. I can wait these few short years. I will be with Daxton for the eternities. This life is but a small moment, thine afflictions are but a small part in this ginormous puzzle of our existence. I can wait. I can do this. I will put my shoulder to the wheel, face my challenges, and win these many daily battles.

I can wait those years to hold my baby again. The promise is sure that if I live righteously, when he rises again to the form that I laid him to rest, I will be able to raise him. I will know he is perfect and will pass the tests. I often think to myself how someone so perfect could be taken from me. I have 1 minute 30 second video I watched tonight with some friends of him in the bath tub. His cute little buns, his perfect little face, big blue eyes, and plushy little lips.

I will see him again. I will hold him again. Someday.... just not now.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

You are awesome! Hang in there!!!

Janet said...

That was so good! You are right you will hold him someday but right now you have other things the Lord wants you to do.

Matthew and Courtney said...

Your perceptions of how we need to live life on this earth are just what I need to hear from time to time. You are awesome!!

colquitt5 said...

I would love to donate some items for "Daxton's Box" Could you please email me an address as to where I should send these items.

Jamee
syracuse utah
colquittfab5.blogspot.com

colquittgirls@hotmail.com

SmustysGirl said...

I don't know you, and you don't know me. Honestly, I can't remember how I stumbled upon your blog a few months ago. I wanted to tell you that your strength amazes me, your unwavering faith astonishes me, and your wisdom is beyond what I imagine most young women's will ever be. I just want you to know that I have been struggling with my testimony a lot lately, and coming to your blog, reading how sure you are about the plan of salvation and about the Savior and His teachings really lifts me up. I hope you know that you are always in my heart and you are my example.

Tiffany said...

I love that prospective of the 14000 years compared to about 80 or so. I only wish it actually felt like that! I honestly look everywhere I go for those little signs that say, "Family, or Bistro or Hope" in hopes that I'll find one that says, "Someday". Someday....we'll hold them.