Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Finally HOME

Today was a long day in the hospital. At 6am Savannah pulled her IV out while she was getting her heavy pain meds. So essentially she did not have any pain meds for almost 12 hours. I got her up to go potty and she was crying, pale, and in so much pain... I called the nurse several times (I know she is overworked on the floor but still my baby needed pain meds) and it took her a long time to get them to us. 

I thought in report they would have passed on that not only was I am overbearing mother but also a nurse... After the nurse explained to me the difference between PO and IV meds I saw this was not true.

I was so displeased with the care savannah was getting a mere 48 hours post surgical (a very PAINFUL procedure) that I called the nurse practitioner an was a bout to call the nursing manager when Savannah's nurse finally came in... Good thing too bc I was about to lose it on her.

Savannah was able to get her brace today and it fits nicely. We got her walker and wheelchair delivered to the hospital and she couldn't jump out of bed fast enough and into her wheelchair where she owned the world. She spins around like a pro, but you better watch out because she will go forward or backward without notice and run over your toes or your toddler... Just sayin. 

We were able to escape from our jail cell around 4:00 and we headed home VERY grateful!!!! Savannah couldn't wait to take her walker for a spin to the pool (no swimming allowed yet) while she watched the other girls swim (her preference anyway). It tuckered her right out and I had to carry her home. It's hard to know when she feels pain or if she is pushing herself too much. I will have to learn how to read her cues with this pain thing. 

Just grateful to be home and taking care of her ourselves. The "littles" has MUCH fun with grandma and Jannae whilst we were away. Maybe we will get to do something fun while grandma is here but she might have to come back in August when we are feeling a little bit better.





No comments: