Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Savannah's Big Day

A few months ago, Savannah approached us and mentioned that she wanted to be baptized. At about the same time, the bishop asked us if he could interview Savannah for baptism. So today, May 11, 2013, we baptized Savannah.

It was so wonderful. We set the time for 1130 because of a primary activity that was supposed to be from 9-11 and we wanted to accommodate Savannah's friends. I called up my sister in law who is AMAZING an asked her if she would make some invitations for us. She looked on pinterest for some ideas and pinned them for me to look at. Once the selection was made, I had the invite in hand. I ran to costco and made 25 copies for Savannah to give to her friends.

She gave 3 of them to her teachers at school and then came home and said that she needed 3 more for her friends in the office and she proceeded to tell me who they were for. Savannah is such a sweet and special girl it is hard not to love her. There are so many people who love her and that just brings a smile to my heart... We handed out about 15 invitations and were on our way.


Doug went this morning to turn on the font and set up chairs. He came home and said, "we set up 80 chairs, do you think that's enough?" I said, Of course its enough! That might be too many for sure. I walked into the primary room and thought yep, too many chairs. And then YOU started coming! So many of you showed up that we had to set up 4 more rows of chairs! I wasn't going to speak or stand up or anything, but when there were so many people who love my little Savannah started coming in droves, my heart was so FULL, I just couldn't not stand and tell you all how grateful I was.

I am truly grateful for the people in my life. Those who help on an hourly, daily, weekly, monthly basis. I can't even express it in words. It truly takes a community to raise a child and I am grateful for my little community.


The program was really simple. Angelica said the opening prayer, Heidi led the music, Grandma talked on baptism and then we baptized Savannah. While we were changing, Mikenna and Derek did duets on the piano. Savannah was SO cute in the font room, she said, mom I am so nervous. But she did great. After the baptism ordinance (with our dads as witnesses), we had all the cousins come up and sing I Am A Child of God (all 3 verses) and the congregation joined in on the 4th verse. This was for Daxton.... Granny gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. Then Doug confirmed Savannah with Derek, Tyler, Logan, Adam, Daniel, Grandpa, Grandpa, Bishop, Mark, and Colt. I said some things and bishop told a story. After that we sang Teach me to walk in the Light, and Lollie said the closing prayer.


Afterwards we went to moms for lunch and swimming. I am still overwhelmed and overcome at the number of people who came today. I stand all amazed. Truly. From the bottom of my heart. THANK YOU.


These little precious angels are mine. And I love them SO much. Being a mom sometimes isn't always bliss, but most of the time its worth it.

No comments: