Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Day 1 down

Started our journey yesterday at 5p. Our take off time was 4p and we were loading but you know how that goes with 7 people... Pretty much doesn't go to fast. About as fast as a terd of hurdles as grandpa Rogers would have said ;). Locked and loaded with gas and sonic drinks and ice cream we ventured out on our big adventure. 

It's going to be a ride and I have some mixed feelings about it all. Nervous, scared, confused, hoping that moving my family to a different state/country (feels like) for the summer was/is the right thing to do. We have big plans to have lots of fun in Florida. I am sure it will be fine but the getting here has been stressful.

I will say that the weeks leading up to this point has been way worse than the actual drive so far. I could in ally sit my butt in the chair and just relax. Something I haven't done for weeks and certainly not the last week... Stress level at 150% I seriously thought I was going to explode.

We drove 9 or some hours last night into Texas... We forgot to take in the two hour time difference so it was 4 am when we finally hit our heads on the pillows. It was a good solid quick sleep. Up for breakfast and on the road again today.

We got up for breakfast and I made waffles at the continental breakfast place and it came out in a funky shape... The shape of TEXAS!!! Of COURSE!!! I seriously love Texas and I have missed it. Even being in a random place here that I've never been to feels like home here in Texas. I've missed Texas. I have missed the people, I have missed the pride, I have missed the feeling of Texas and the memories. We will be here for another day or so then on to Alabama... Wowza. Alabama HA!!!

Kids are doing good thanks to all the activities people brought over and I put together. Scarlett... Well that little bug may lose her mind.... ;( but she's bein a trooper so far. 

Stay tuned!



No comments: