We drove through the backwoods in Louisiana and I said were going to get mugged. Doug told me that we would be fine in the backwoods because little towns are safe. I told him it is safe in the back woods until you get mugged.
At the gas station the kids went bird watching and counted all the birds in the sky. Then they played ring around the Rosie's and Isabella and Scarlet ended up in a little puddle of what I hope was water...
This gas station claimed to have clean restrooms. On the door it said so but then you went into the bathrooms and they were probably one of the dirtiest I have ever seen. At least we had a faucet unlike the other one however doug was not so lucky he was still without soap in the mens bathroom. However it was a step above the one we had previously visited in van horn Texas with the explicit items for sale on the wall for &0.25. Doug has made it a personal goal to always have quarters in trashy bathrooms from now on. (For those of u who know my husband, you know this is a joke)
Savannah's on book number 25 with a personal goal to complete a record number this summer.
I am proud to say that on this 4 day journey, Our first fast food stop was not until dinner on the third day. I am a planner and we have been eating very good for the most part. I did have the unfortunate circumstance of buying some nasty (what I thought may have been good) trail mix. Bitter disappointment.
Kids are busy with iPads iPods sewing cards worksheets sticker books snacks friendship bracelets movies dry erase boards and dance parties... Oh the fun we are having!!!!
Until tomorrow....













No comments:
Post a Comment