Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Savannah Banana

Oh my little Savannah is a stinker pot. She gives me so much grief and trouble and sometimes I just want to sell her (as she says). But I would never do it! I read on a friend's blog that

"God doesn't give strong parents special needs children, He gives weak parents special needs children to help make them strong."

It isn't too far from the truth. My mother in law once told me, "ya know? I think that everyone needs to have a special needs child so that they can truly understand the mother and the child and be nice to them." I totally agree. There are some things I wouldn't wish on others... but I sure wish there was a little more understanding in all this from others.

Savannah was at school on Wednesday and got a piece of candy from Mikenna before school (not sure how this even happened without my knowlege... turkies!!!) and then proceeded to eat it out on the playground, which apparently is unacceptable. So the aide chased after my Savannah (who is like 3 feet tall, but quick as a whip) and was unsuccessful in the catching of her... so her teacher thought that she would take a gander at it and finally caught up with her.

Seriously? If you can run a 20 minute mile you can CATCH SAVANNAH! She got pretty far before she was finally tracked down, and she was quite upset as you might imagine. Someone was TAKING AWAY HER FOOD!!! Um. That's a no brainer. LET IT GO!! (unless you are me and you know how to reason with her).

Well she was pretty upset as you might imagine a starving ethiopian child might be if you took their last scrap of bread from them and she threw her teacher's glasses on the ground and scratched them pretty good.
#1. Don't take food from Savannah.
#2 Don't take food from Savannah.
#3. Don't get at eye level to Savannah if you have glasses (this is a lesson that should have been previously learned but was apparently was not)

So she spent 1.5 hours in the principals office convincing him NOT to call her mother because "She is pregnant and sick" and "she has to work tonight as a nurse, so she is sleeping." Well isn't she a bright little thing. Well in all the "chaos" of the kids coming in and out of his office, he didn't have time to call me... um... what about the 2 secretaries in the office or the PERSONAL secretary he HAS!!!??? They were too busy to call me? Seriously? Are you stinking kidding me?

Very irritating. He called me about 2 hours after school was out and told me that he was suspending Savannah.
SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?
SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?
It wasn't even her fault!! It actually was a breakdown at home that was MY fault and exacerbated by the teacher when she just couldn't let it go.

I by no means think that my little princess is a little princess 24/7, but there are certain things things that you just need to let go.

It was a little frustrating because I worked Thursday night and that was day she was suspended! So I had to blow threw my list of people to ask to watch her for 3 hours while I took a nap (which is no easy task, but one that if you have the opportunity to take YOU SHOULD!!!) Thanks to a saint of a friend, I was able to fill the position, promising promise after promise :) to repay the debt, and really its a debt, because when you are in a pickle, you will do just about anything for the person who gets you out of the pickle jar.

**post this post: On Monday we went back to school and the little stink pot got suspended AGAIN!!! Wow she is really working this system, all she has to do is act naughty and then she gets to come home, fun right?

Nope. Today she was Cinderella for a day :) scrubbing floors, folding laundry, doing dishes, picking up dog poop, dusting, and anything else that we could think of that wasn't fun... hopefully she is learning that it isn't any funner to be at home than it is at school... Maybe the school should learn to LISTEN TO ME!!!

So today I am thankful for this little squirt (and the friend who saved my bacon):

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh - Savannah - you smart little cookie you! Learned that quick, didn't ya! LOL! I like the work hard at home bit - that will hopefully work too! More parents need to remember to make it difficult at home after trouble at school - LOL!
(((hugs))) Brittany!