It is interesting all the different shoes we wear. Actually, to be honest, I only have like 4 pairs of shoes... did I say that out loud? I wish I were into shoes. Heck, I wish I were into fashion. I wish I knew what to where. When. And how.
I look at my most fashionable friends (who tolerate my very SAD wardrobe) and think, I wonder where they got that cute shirt or how they knew to put that sweater with that shirt with those pants and shoes, and all those accessories are SO fun... alas, I am SO not clued into fashion. And its mostly unfortunate for my family :).
Although I do think that I can put together a somewhat cute outfit with my kids. But I think they are going to be doomed to the 4 shoe thing as well. But then maybe they will, despite all odds, develop a fashion sense. Isabella already has to have a pink shirt, pink pants, pink underpants (she calls them), and pink shoes... oh dear. I know what your thinking. "That's a lot of pink." And your right. It is. Especially when it's polka dots, striped, plaid, and solid :).
Back to the shoes. We all have a pair of shoes that fit us only the way a shoe can. Like my running shoe for example. It fits me like a glove. It pronates with me. It supinates with me. It runs heel toe or toe heel with me. One time I tried running in someone else's shoe. You see, I forgot my shoes at home. And these ones looked like ones that I could like and get used to. But, they hurt my feet. I had blisters, shin splints, and sore feet all day. We did not mesh. At. All.
Shoes are kinda like the trials we have in our lives. Sometimes we might look at someone else's shoe and say, wow that is a cute shoe! I wish I could have that shoe instead of mine. And then we put it on and our feet get all curly, our legs hurt, our back hurts, and our feet hurt. Not such a good idea in the end. So we go back to our own shoes. The ones we know. The ones we love/the ones that we hate. And we continue to wear them day after day. Even if we think we'd like to wear someone else's shoes, we really only just want to wear our own.
Today I am grateful for my own shoes.
I look at my most fashionable friends (who tolerate my very SAD wardrobe) and think, I wonder where they got that cute shirt or how they knew to put that sweater with that shirt with those pants and shoes, and all those accessories are SO fun... alas, I am SO not clued into fashion. And its mostly unfortunate for my family :).
Although I do think that I can put together a somewhat cute outfit with my kids. But I think they are going to be doomed to the 4 shoe thing as well. But then maybe they will, despite all odds, develop a fashion sense. Isabella already has to have a pink shirt, pink pants, pink underpants (she calls them), and pink shoes... oh dear. I know what your thinking. "That's a lot of pink." And your right. It is. Especially when it's polka dots, striped, plaid, and solid :).
Back to the shoes. We all have a pair of shoes that fit us only the way a shoe can. Like my running shoe for example. It fits me like a glove. It pronates with me. It supinates with me. It runs heel toe or toe heel with me. One time I tried running in someone else's shoe. You see, I forgot my shoes at home. And these ones looked like ones that I could like and get used to. But, they hurt my feet. I had blisters, shin splints, and sore feet all day. We did not mesh. At. All.
Shoes are kinda like the trials we have in our lives. Sometimes we might look at someone else's shoe and say, wow that is a cute shoe! I wish I could have that shoe instead of mine. And then we put it on and our feet get all curly, our legs hurt, our back hurts, and our feet hurt. Not such a good idea in the end. So we go back to our own shoes. The ones we know. The ones we love/the ones that we hate. And we continue to wear them day after day. Even if we think we'd like to wear someone else's shoes, we really only just want to wear our own.
Today I am grateful for my own shoes.
6 comments:
Well said, I have learned to be happy in my own shoes!
have a great day!
love this post britt. amen!
So true about running shoes! Once for Christmas I selected 3 amazing pairs of running shoes, thinking how awesome it would be to rotate them and they would all last forever. Turns out the New Balance were built just for me and are starting to fall apart, The cute colored Nike's have been worn occasionally with a fashion shoe upgrade was required, (I know nobody thinks sneakers are high fashion!), the third pair were the least comfortable and a year later look like I just purchased them.
I stumbled across your account and knew you looked familiar, we used to trade Mary Kay for Creative Memories products!!! I am a nurse and at the time you had two little girls & were working towards nursing school!
I can see you and your shoes have been VERY busy! :) Congrats on the upcoming little Kunz.
FABULOUS post! So true. I've followed your blog for about 3 yrs now, and you still amaze me. And can I say how excited I am to know there's another girl out there that has little fashion stuff?!! I thought I was the only girl! :)
Great Post. And you're not suppose to be fashionable when you're 8 months prego. Heck you even have an excuse to stay in PJS all day. Actually you have an excuse for just about anything, so live up the excuses while you can.
Thanks.
Post a Comment