Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer travels- Installment #2

While I was in Show Low with my little bees.....

Let's back up a moment here. We arrived at Annie's on a cold summer evening.... yes it was cold, like 75 DEGREES!!!!

We ate dinner at 7 and the kids were in bed by 10..... ya that is 10PM!!!! They would not cooperate with me. Something about CUTE boys....

So it was about 10:05 that we ended up walking out in the streets of Show Low. Safe. I know.... But as it was it was our only option. We did a few loops, walking through neighborhoods, reminiscing about old houses, touring where friends live, and walking through the kids school parking lot.

It was about here where things took a peculiar turn. A car turned into the parking lot and we thought that was odd, so we picked up the pace (a slow sprint... obviously I wasn't that worried.... heck lets be honest, my butt is too big for me to full on sprint) and the car continued to follow us.

Ok I started to get a little nervous.... until I realized it was a police ociffer. Wondering what kind of trouble we were in as he pulled up, he asked what it was we were doing. We explained that we were just out for a walk slash run when we see a strange car following us. He inquired if it was us spray painting the school. Oh yes ociffer, you see my hoochie shorts, double sports bra, and running shoes?

Nope. Wasn't us. It was then Annie pipes in, Hello officer Call. WHEW!!! She could have mentioned that she knew him.... I was beginning to get nervous.

After confirming we were not conspiring to spray paint or bust the windows to the school (it happens you know. Twice. Once when school gets out and once when it starts. kids think it is funny to vandalize and do 1000s of dollars of damage.... just ask the school where my kids go. GRRRRR!!!) He let us go.

And we completed our walk, went to McDonalds for an ice cream, and settled in to watch the BEST movie you will NEVER have to see because I am right now sparing you from WASTING your time. "Remember me" with Robert Pattinson.... you know him, Edward. That is really all you need to know. The acting was TERRIBLE. The plot was TERRIBLE. The dialogue was TERRIBLE. It was TERRIBLE.

You can thank me later for sparing you two hours of your life when you WILL feel STUPIDER (is that a word?) So take that time and watch NAPOLEON DYNAMITE. At least you will have a reason to be dumber after that one :)

No comments: