Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Dam... Hoover Dam that is

My entire life we have traveled to and from St. George about a 100000 times. I am NOT exaggerating. I could do it in my sleep. Really. And so could my mom. And my dad. And my brother.

We usually pass through the Hoover Dam to get to Las Vegas. (there isn't really another way....) One time, when I was about 15, we were traveling through the Dam and I looked at the water and said, "Mom, can you believe how low the Dam water is?" We all started to laugh and each took our turn. "And look at all the Dam people" "The Dam traffic is terrible today" "Isn't the Dam sky beautiful?" "The Dam streets need some work" "All the Dam cars are sure in our way"

And so began the tradition of the Hoover Dam.

PS Have you been to my new blog yet? Go ahead, sign up, I know you want to.

www.superfitandfab.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

SO funny! It completely reminds me of my family...minus the dam. Since we lived in Louisiana....we would have to come up with creative things as a "team". I would tell me sister Sommer to say "Shhhhhhh" then almost immediately I would say...."IT would out the window" Put the words together and what do you get! :) Two kids having a ball, parents rolling their eyes because "technically" we didn't do anything wrong and since we weren't pulling each other's hair out....it had to okay! :)

Margaret said...

Too Dam funny....