Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Friday, August 20, 2010

Motto For the Week

My teenage brother in law Colt is the funniest kid I know. He says the darndest funniest things if I do say so myself. He has broken his collar bone, his leg, his arm, some bones in his head, a few cracked ribs. He has been in a car accident (NO MORE TEXTING WHILE DRIVING), he has wrecked heavy machinery, run into houses with cars, motorcycles, and bikes.

Despite all his broken bones and misdemeanors, he is a very special guy. He plays with all the nieces and nephews. He is the favorite youngest son. He is hilarious. He is always happy. He is mostly willing to help with just about anything... except what his mom asks him to do. LOL. He is talented in sports, piano, school, and playing the trumpet.

I tell you all this because he is a VERY special kid. He also says some of the wittiest phrases. The other day my sister in law was complaining and he says:

"Only you can be in control whether you are cranky or not so I suggest that you cowgirl up and stop whining."

I totally agree. I am in control of my emotions (most of the time) I am in control of what I eat, say, how I act, what I choose to do or not to do, etc. So I guess it is about time I "cowgirl up."

Happy Weekend all!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Great reminder! Thank you for sharing.

Gel said...

He's such a dork... he wouldn't talk to Doug and I online. I told him I didn't have time to wait to talk to him that I was to tired that he needed to hurry up.. when he told me that I about died laughing!!! I'm glad you thought it was funny too!!I had to email it to everyone cause it made my day too!!! Love u

Lyndy Butler said...

he sounds cute. you are cute too. Happy Birthday Tomorrow. I sure do love you and your babes!