Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Injuries

Oh boy. Injuries stink. Just when you think you got it all figured out....

Every day I would run, I would think to myself, "Wow I am so grateful that I can get up in the morning and that my body can run all these miles. I don't take this for granted at all. Because one day, I won't be able to do it."....

Wow those words are a hollow voice in the back of my head!

I really hate being injured. All I do it sit on the couch and eat bon bons, take naps, and occasionally clean:).

WELL I have found something else to do lately. It has taken my bon bon eating, nap taking self to a whole new world of physical activity. Are you ready?

Biking.

Who knew I could get such a GREAT work out riding my bike (and pulling a 25lb trailer with a 25 lb child.... not be compared with my 'running/biking' partner who is pulling the same 25lb trailer AND her TWO 35lb and 45lb child..... thank goodness for small disadvantages, I can actually keep up with her :))

I used to see bikers while I was running and think, boy I sure wish I could get on one of those and hop on home, but to no avail. I was stuck 7 miles out with 7 miles back and nobody was offering their bikes to me.

On average so far we do about 12 miles. A small amount in comparison to people who do this all the time, but come on, they have a street bike (WAY better and easier than a mountain bike) AND no kids AND no trailer :). We could easily do 20. LOL. NO really we could.

So if any of you out there have some tips, tricks, treats, you would like to share on my new hobby, that would be AWESOME! Because it looks like I may never run again. Hopefully NOT true, but alas, one must accept a reality, if in fact it is a new reality. Or something.

Love ya!

5 comments:

{ Bethany } said...

I'm just impressed that you're doing anything! That sounds fun! My husband is into biking, too.

~Bethany

jen said...

I've been contemplating this same "reality realignment." Is the bike all it's cracked up to be? I'm thinking that may be my only thing left . . .

larainydays said...

My daughter couldn't run any more after being hit by car in high school. They fixed up her knee, but she couldn't take the pounding. She has really loved biking, and recently has been able to run a little again.

Kami Milliron said...

I remember getting hurt while running track in Junior High / High School. It sucked because I LOVED running. It was so theraputic. I would solve all my problems for that day while I ran. Not to mention it makes your butt look great !

Biking is fun, you will get a great work out there too. I have a bike, but it has a little seat attached to it. I wouldn't mind a little trailer someday. Have fun and good for you for staying so active and fit : )

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

I need to have my husband read this post.

I have been bike browsing, wishing, and hoping for about 3 months now. I really want a bike so bad. I would love to switch up running and biking.

Finally I picked out my bike, but it still sits at the bike shop waiting for me to purchase and ride.