Here I am. The first week of March.... posting about the Holidays. It will mostly be pics, more for the sake of journaling than for my readers sake. :) But maybe you will get a few ideas for next year. And then again, maybe you won't.
This year we started our Annual Gingerbread House Making Contest. There were 3 categories: The best theme, The yummiest, and The Best Architecturally Sound. It was fun. Loads of candy all over the table, covered in frosting, and sprinkled with frosting. There were only a few rules: 1) one can of frosting and 2) one bag of graham crackers. We actually did this last year and it was a serious nightmare. We ran out of graham crackers because people got a little bit crazy and there was a war over the frosting.... so we decided to set some parameters. Here are the results.
Dutifully planning, designing and putting together. My favorite part was Nat looking around and giving Logan a play by play of what we all were doing... and in turn Logan cussing her to focus on the project at hand.... He is by no means competitive :).
Here are the results from our contest.
Lauralie and Derek: Made a great bridge (No award) But very good still. They drew plans, organized their materials, and meticulously put it all together.... Engineers. They are kinda nerdy :).
Daniels: Once again, no awards, but SERIOUSLY a great replica of the cabin. He poo pooed that he got pity votes, but I really liked his design and I don't give pity votes. LOVE YA!
Brittany and Doug: Yummiest. Ok I am not going to lie. When I decided what the themes were I had this one in mind. I knew I didn't stand a chance to the architectually sound or the best themed. But I knew I could add a lot of chocolate to make a yummy treat..... The lucky recipient of this beauty were the Duncans.
Not sure where the rest of them went to but it was sure a fun night! Oh and we had 45 minutes to build them. We missed Adam and Chelsea, but we will catch them next year! Or this year. Or whatev!
You might be wondering why we are all gathered around this particular game. Hungry Hungry Hippos. Funny choice of a game for several grown adults, but it is what it is.
We have decided that the gathering place the night before my brother and his wife leave town (each time they are here) would be our house and we would stay up late and play games. So we decided to start it off with a little bit of Hippos. It was Hilarious!!!! I think that Logan was the champ? We did single elimination. I am not sure what that means, but it went quickly.
The Holly Days were good to us. Good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment