Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Why Do I Blog?

This is the question of the day?

My dad is always saying,
"Blogs have too much information."
"You know too much about me."
"There are so many 'weirdos'"
"Why would you put all that on the internet for so many people to see?"

ON the flip side, my mom complains that she doesn't know what is going on in my life.... but then she reads my blog (where EVERYONE can see) to see what is going on.

It is quite hilarious actually. Get. Over. It. :) LOL!!!

So anyhow, I have been pondering this question. Why do I blog?

Well sometimes it is just easier to write my feelings down: When I am having a bad day, I can just write it and feel so much better. If I have a good day I want to share it with all of you!!

I love positive feedback: I love it when you leave a comment. I check my emails for DAYS!!! To see if I have a comment. I like to feel like you are listening. Like you care. It is my way of getting it out there.

Keeping a journal: I am not a great journal keeper. I used to keep one in junior high and high school and college... ok maybe I am better than I thought. But before blogging (after I got married) I have VERY FEW entries. And so it is helpful I can log onto my little computer from my living room in front of American Idol and blog. A journal.

I just read an article on from Michelle Glauser who is a masters student who did a these on Mormon Mommy Blogs. Read HERE

12 comments:

Margaret said...

And you can multi task while your blogging. LOVE YOU....

jen said...

See it has multiple uses--please one parent, tick off the other. What else could be so useful?

Kami Milliron said...

I agree with everything you said. And the funny thing is that my Mom says the same things to me. You know, " why would you blog about that " And for me, this is like a family history type of thing. I will forever know when the exact day my oldest child potty trained. I will know my newest little ones first words and when he said them. Why ? because it will all be on the blog. And when they are older, I can show them everything. They can see all the fun things they said and did when they were little. It's hard to find time and motivation to actually sit down and create a scrapbook that has all those things. Blogging is just so easy and doesn't take up a lot of time.

Plus, I have met so many amazing Mothers who have the same experience as I do with a child passing away. It has helped so much. I have found so much support through my blog. So keep blogging my friend ! And even though I don't always leave a comment, I DO look at your blog daily. I love seeing updates : )

Speer Family said...

I read EVERY post you ever write. I'm just not good at commenting. I feel like even though we don't see eachother nearly enough I still know you and what's going on with you. We NEED to play soon! Love yer guts!

Speer Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
angie and darren said...

Hi,
I don't know you or anyone else that does but I have been reading your blog for a while. I love reading about your life and how you deal with all the challenges and pains of life. My challenge is very different and I'm not able to have children. I find that really hard and seeing how other people deal with challenges helps me to carry on. Your 4 little ones are so adorable. Thank you for sharing them x

julie said...

I LOVE reading your blog. You uplift and inspire me and I look forward to your posts. Your blog not only benefits you and your posterity, but it benefits so many people who read it. I think that your blog helps Daxton live on. It makes it so that so many people can be touched by him and your story. It helps his legacy live on. We love you guys. Any time you find yourselves out east, come and visit. We'd love it:)

Colleen said...

You don't know me, but thank you for your blog. I am enjoying following it. It makes me feel "not alone" to read and connect with other Angel Moms. I just started blogging last week, and I can't begin to express how good it feels to put the feelings down. Once I write it down I no longer have to carry it with me. I can just revisit whenever I want. It is a little scary to have it out there for EVERYONE to read, but the comments and feedback have really made me feel good. I love the comments! Thanks again, and keep blogging.

Allie said...

Yeah. I always read your blog. I have never met you yet you have inspired me in MANY ways and I greatly appreciate it. Keep Blogging! sn

Lisa said...

Here to echo what everyone else has already said. I love reading your blog. I just wrote a post on my blog like this, I wanted to explain why I put so much on there. I have a passion for helping others and receive so much inspiration from reading blogs like yours.

Happy blogging!
Lisa

Nelson Family said...

This probably sounds awful but I have a blog just in case I was to die today!! My family can look back at my feelings and thoughts. I have made sure I have a special blog for each of my 5 children and one for my mom and hubby! This way they will always know how I felt about them even when I'm gone... Dont get me wrong, I enjoy writing them and showing off pictures of my kids to those family members and friends that want to see now but I started it as a journal of our lives knowing that if I pass away before my children our grown they'll have something personal from me!
I'm sure you think its Ironic...

G Gang said...

Hey Brittany,
So I've followed your blog for a while and never left a comment. I found it from Angie S.'s blog. Actually the first post I read was when you lost your precious little Bobo (baby boy). And Brittany, you are such a great example to me. And an inspiration. I've been through a few tricky situations lately and reading your blog/thoughts have helped me through the hard times. You are an amazing woman. Thanks for blogging!
Katie (Webb) Gamble