Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Saturday, January 16, 2010

T.W.E.N.T.Y. MILES

Yes that says 20 miles. I thought I was going die. I think if I didn't know any better I would say I hit the wall today. It hurt. A Lot.

But it was our last "long" run before the marathon.

And it was only 20. We still have 6.2 after that for the marathon. It will be a treat. Or something.

I would like to thank my husband for being so supportive and watching the kids whilst I arose at 430am every other Saturday to run and he watched the kids. And never complains.

And today when I can't even take two steps without wanting to fall over. He takes them for a walk. Or rubs my shoulders.

I put my shoes on, or my sandals rather, and noticed a HUGE blister the size of my little toe, on my big toe. It hurts. But I try not to look at it. It hurts less :).

6 comments:

Megan said...

way to go! i miss missing running. i am hoping to get my drive back soon. some days i think i can do it but then i hit that wall in my everyday life. maybe someday. i am rooting for you!

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

You go girl!! Why on EARTH do you CHOOSE to run that much?!! :) I wished I could run 1! Maybe someday...*sigh*

julz said...

CONGRATS you are awesome. I hate to drive 20 miles so running it is deffinately out of the question.

Gel said...

Way to go! When is your race for some reason I didn't realize it was so close. By the way we need to have a talk......(a birdie told me that you were really good to my brother this christmas) now my husband thinks I need to do the same action of buying!!! Maybe its a good thing we don't live by each other. These two boys woul be trouble!

jen said...

I am jealous you got to do your long runs in this weather. Tell me it's easier than in August and September! I'm so jealous you're running. As agonizing as it is, it is worth it.
Keep telling yourself that.
And that's easy for me to say, right?

Jessica Steed said...

You're an animal!
Way to go, girl.

Mark and I did the half for P.F. Chang's today.
It was awesome. Luckily, I trained in deprivation mode (no water or gels) and so running the race with water and energy supplements really helped! I felt like I could have done 5 more easily at the end.

You'll do great, and think of how you'll be in Sedona (instead of Phx) that should be plenty of motivation.

Also, I have a blister on my pinkie toe, and it hurts, too. I feel for you.