Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Bike for Sale

For Christmas we bought Mikenna a bike. It is ADORABLE.

One problem. TOO BIG. BUMMER.

And I bought it at Target.

With cash.

And I can't find the receipt.

Don't worry, I put in a GOOD faith effort in looking for it. I donned my Nitrile gloves I bought at Costco for such an occasion as this... and began trash digging. Yes. You read correctly. Trash digging. In the garbage in the house. And in the garbage in the big black garbage can.

And Yes It Was Disgusting. And would have been worth EVERY nasty diaper, rotten orange, spilled salad dressing, and petrified egg (I bet you didn't know that a 4 day old egg could be petrified or that an orange could turn black and leave all sorts of pleasant juices and fruit flies). But it wasn't Because the receipt is nowhere to be found. Nowhere.

And via the GREAT Target return policy of if you didn't purchase it with a credit card we can track or have a receipt then you are S-O-L. And they aren't that sorry. But then again, they did lose millions and millions of dollars from those good honest people who stole product from their store only to turn around and go back to another store and receive cash for their pilfered plethora of items.

And then there is me. I don't even care if I don't get the difference in $$$ back for the cheaper smaller bike. I just want the cheaper smaller bike so I can spend hours on end teaching my daughter to ride her bike that ACTUALLY is her size. Although this is a very laughable sight.

She is quite good on her 12" bike (what possessed me to jump 2 sizes in bikes I will never know or why I didn't take her to try it on for size or why I didn't gold plate the receipt and hide it in my important documents in my fireproof safe, I will never know) but when she hops on the bike that is too big, she forgets how to ride a bike altogether, steering, pedaling, braking, steering, pedaling, braking.

So I put it out to you. All of my fellow blog readers who live in the Arizona vicinity. Do you want to buy a bike?

http://www.target.com/Girls-Schwinn-DeeLite-20-Bike/dp/B00006JIE9/ref=sc_qi_detaillink

If you are interested in this wonderful bike, please leave an email address where I can contact you :) and we will go from there. The item in the store was $100 (see my dilemma? a bike that is too big.... and no good) PLUS tax. So I offer it to you at $85 and NO TAX :). Aren't I a saint? I know. I know.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Britt,

we have this amazing email list in our neighborhood that is perfect for situations like this. I am actually planning to buy a bike that size, but not a girl's bike (obviously!). Anyway, send me an email that I can forward to my neighborhood and maybe I can find you a buyer.

Jessica Steed said...

If only it weren't a girl bike :(

Jaxon needs a bigger bike.

Oh well.

Good luck selling it.

This is why Costco is the place to buy stuff (or only buy stuff at Target with your cc.)

Anonymous said...

Keep the bike, she'll grow into it. Buy a cheap smaller one. She'll need the big girl bike in a year or two.