You know.
One you don't have to wait for 30 minutes or more before you get to see the nurse, only to sit in the room for another 30 minutes until the doctor comes in?
Or when you call, you don't hear this, "Can you please hold?" (click) before you even have a chance to process the question just thrown at you?
Or nice office people?
And you don't leave there totally frustrated because because you only got to see the doctor for like 30 seconds because he was running behind, which totally isn't your fault.
I mean after all you ARE paying at least a $20 copay and being billed $100 more, so seriously don't you deserve at least 4 minutes? And get to ask at least 3 questions?
Well to be honest. I have NEVER (ok once) had anything OTHER than this lovely experience at the doctor's office. (Apparently I am going to the wrong on you might say) Well Savannah sees an eye doctor, TWO leg doctors, TWO hormone doctors, stomach doctor, ear doctor, a pediatrician, and brace maker people. I have NEVER, not once (ok once) been treated like I deserve to be a patient. Really. All those appointments. And I don't even think they know who I am!!! Seriously.
Today changed all that. Really. It did. I switched doctors. Why you ask? Because my previous doctor doesn't even know who I am and the people in the office are just well, down right rude. And they don't deserve my business. :) So I changed.
I called to make an appointment and wouldn't you believe. The woman on the other end didn't sound like I was the most annoying person, calling about the same problem as the last 10 people. She was friendly.
That same face greeted me when I walked in. With a smile. A smile. Can you believe it? I filled out my paperwork and then she took a picture of me.... ya. scary. But they cared enough to know who I was so they took a (very scary) picture of me.....
Well aside from all the friendliness. The doctor did not deliver to me the greatest news. I have Iliotibial Band Syndrome AND Greater Trochanteric Bursitis. What does that mean? PAIN. PAIN. PAIN. PAIN. ON a scale from 1 to 10.... my pain is about an 8. Really. Not even kidding. So I got a steroid shot, which hurt bad by the way, and a prescription for some non narcotic pain meds. And the worst of all is. NO MARATHON. As a fellow runner, he was really sorry. Me too. Me. Too.
If you want to know where I went that was SO awesome???? I will tell you.
Check them out.
11 comments:
oh britt
i am sooo sorry you can't do the marathon and that you are in so much pain. Hang in there
love ya
marinda
I would have thought it was Kerry just from the description, and when I got to the point that he's a fellow runner, I was sure.
Now to the awful news--so sorry about your marathon. Brad had IBS, and it prevented him from running Boston. It lasted FOREVER (not to be a pessimist or anything).
Again. So sorry. Nothing can make that better (but now you won't have to leave your babies . . . small consolation).
Doug told me you were in pain and going to the Dr today! Glad it was a good dr but sorry to hear the outcome!
I'll have to call so I really understand what you have!!!
Love u
Can I bring you dinner one night?! PLEASE! No need to apologize...hey that's a song! I was suprised to see my mom had posted the bad and ugly of my day...I sometimes post that and sometimes save it for myself. But, needless to say it happens and I would and do expect it to happen. It is apart of that slow and steady healing process. I was/am very grateful for the opportunity I had to get together with those women and draw strength from them. I particularly felt a connection to Heidi (ethan's mom). Dang LUNGS! Anyhow...so sorry to hear about the marathon...all you have worked for!! There will be more I am sure. PS. Totally Totally understand the DR. thing. Fortunately for me I had an awesome pulmonologist, pediatrician, so so GI, and well to say the least somewhat arogant opthomologist. There were a few more my mind is just a little foggy right now. it is one in the morning...ya I woke up and can't fall back to sleep. I feel like it is 1 in the afternoon! so now that I have rambled I will go now! :)
I am so sorry to hear that you are in pain and that you can't run your marathon! You have been training for it for so long. So sad. I hope you get feeling better soon!
So sorry to hear that you hurt so bad!! What a HUGE bummer about not being able to run!! I am way excited you found what you were looking for!! And I just might need to give that office a call! I am in need of a GOOD physician myself!
i am so sorry to hear about then marathon. my dad broke his foot during his last training run before a 100k. he was pretty upset. i hope you heal fast. good luck.
That totally stinks that you have done all that training just to get hurt. I know what you mean about the training being all the work and the race being the glory and reward. Good luck with the recovery process.
PS I figured I should let you know I am one of Doug's many Driggs relatives and Marinda's BFF from school.
Britt,
I'm so sorry that you can't run your marathon! That must be so disappointing for you.
I do have to say that I read this book Born to Run and it says that 65-80% of runners are injured each year. Can you believe that? And the injury rate has increased since the modern running shoe was invented in the 70s. Crazy. You HAVE to read this book. I could not put it down.
I'm glad you found this dr. Mine is creepy, so I just don't go. I'll totally go here.
Thanks!
So sorry! Can you run at all? Where will your sanity come from;)
I've been working into getting in shape. I was even talking about working up to a 5K, then 10K, then 1/2 marathon. I don't ever want to run a marathon, though. :P But then I see how much pain you're in, and I start thinking my husband is right. He tells me exercise is bad for you. LOL Okay, not really. I still am inspired by you runners. Just glad you've found treatment, even though you have to miss out on the big event. I hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment