So the other day I was at JoAnn's looking for some tote bags to give to our Primary teachers with their folders for the new year. Well I was walking about the store, when all of a sudden I saw a familiar face with a very familiar voice. I did a double take.
I thought, hmmmm, I know that person. Where do I know that person from? She looked at me and smiled as I tried to place where I knew her from. High School? No. Church? No. College? No.

And then it dawned on me, it was Brooke from American Idol. The cute little Mormom mom blondie. I about died!!!!

I went up to her and this is how our conversation went.
Me: You look totally familiar. When did you graduate?
Brooke: 2000
Me: Where did you go to high school?
Brooke: (confidential)
Me: Hmm. That isn't where I know you from. But you seriously look familiar. What stake are you in?
Brooke: ...... (confidential)
Me: Oh I know where I know you from. American Idol.
Brooke: (big smile)
Me: Yes. You are my biggest fan. I totally voted for you like EVERY week. You were so good. I can't believe Simon and Paula didn't think you were their total fave, and when you were voted off, I cried. I was so sad for you. Finally a cute little mormon mom with SOME PIPES and you didn't even win. How sad for you. What was it like meeting all those famous people? And seriously, Adam Lambert. Tell me about him!!!
Brooke: Yes people do recognize me because I am a little bit famous :). Simon and Paula were so great. Sometimes Simon was a little bit critical, like when I messed David Cook. He was awesome. His talent. Amazing. He could really put on a show. And David the other one....
Me: Wow that must have been soooo cool. So what is it like. Life after Idol. I mean what a rush. What a great and exciting time performing, going on tour, making CDs.
Brooke: Oh I do love being famous. It makes going out to places like JoAnn's with no makeup, a hat, and grungy clothes so much more fun. I try to figure out ways that people won't recognize me, but I do have a very distinctive voice. It is rare that people come up to me and aren't totally star struck or gawking. I don't mind it though.
Me: So are you like the Chorister at church? How are your kids and husband? What does your family think of all this? I bet it has been a rush. They must be so supportive.
Brooke: They are. Really.
Me: Wow, you sing, sew, and you play the piano. That is awesome. You are one amazing lady. What a great experience to have in your life to be a singer, to go on American Idol, to meet all those famous people and to be famous yourself. Wow. That is really cool. Oh btw, these are my girls. Aren't they adorable? Maybe someday your boys can date my girls and we could could be grandmas together. Or maybe we could just do lunch sometime. I always thought it would be fun to meet you. Ever since your audition, I just thought we would get along so good. And I was totally right, You are so easy to talk to. Well you have a nice day. I must be going now. :)
Ok I hope you got a kick out of that. The only part that was true was that I really did see her at JoAnn's, she was with her sisters and friend, and I was circling around the whole store trying not to yell at the top of my lungs that Brooke from American Idol was standing in line to get her fabric cut and would someone please HELP her? And then when I was done gawking, I went out to the parking lot to see what kind of car might be hers..... and then I wished that I had had my cell phone to call someone who cared or to take a picture from two isles away. :)
Anyway, just thought I would share.
3 comments:
Hilarious!
You totally had me. Thought you'd done it.
You are so funny. I love the story, I totally believed it. I think that is awesome that you did see her though.
YOU GOT ME!!!!
Post a Comment