Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Tonight I found this

I wrote this for those tending the kids when Doug and I went to Las Vegas.... 5 of the 9 days I left him in his lifetime.

Daxton

5am: wakes up to eat (4-8 ounces)

7am: wakes up for the morning

9 or 10am: ready for a nap (feed him a few ounces 4 or so)

After naptime: I feed him “lunch”
Cheese stick
Crackers
Cereal
Yogurt
Mac n Cheese
#3 baby food jars
Pudding or small yogurt

2 or 3pm: nap #2 (4 ounces of milk or formula)

Dinner: smashed whatever I am having he loves potatos… also I have #3 baby foods (please USE them)
8pm: bedtime (4-8 ounces)

He is also a grazer, he likes to eat crackers, fishies, pretzels (although watch the choking factor when it falls to pieces from his gnawing), bread, cheese. Things that melt in your mouth are a good indicator of what he can eat.

Milk in the freezer, formula in the pantry (use water from fridge to mix)

Daxton has a nasty butt rash. May be lessened by the time you all get him, but PLEASE put it on his butt EVERY time he poops. As you may notice his poop is just a streak and sits in his crack until changed, this is VERY irritating to his cute little cheeks, so please change when you smell and apply butt cream EVERY time he poops. Should be located in the diaper bag…. Somewhere. If unable to locate, petroleum jelly is a good barrier as well.

Please hold him and love him and know that my arms are aching for him and he misses me so please take good care of him.

Oh how I miss him tonight. Last night I closed my eyes and he was there. Tonight we went swimming with the girls and grandma and grandpa. I saw him in Isabella's eyes.

2 comments:

Rusty and Jacquie said...

I appreciate your comment on my blog. You are deffinately right it is not an easy road. Every day I keep telling myself to continue to have faith but some days are harder than others. My nurses have been incredible. You girls really have something special to be able to work so well with the babies and with the parents. I am sure it is a rewarding but difficult job at times. I think I was your visiting teaching companion when you were waiting to get into nursing school...I could be wrong but anyways thanks again for the comment! If you ever need anything let me know. Your post was so sweet....I can't even imagine the feelings you must feel not having cute Daxton here with you.

Anonymous said...

I am in awe at your courage and strengh. You are an amazing women :)